.TEN.

it was the night before prom when Taehyun woke up to hear light knocking on the door. he rubbed his eyes before looking over both Yeonjun and Huening Kai's beds to see them still sleeping. it went silent for a few seconds and another knock was heard.

Taehyun sat up quickly before putting on his slippers and walking towards the door. he then squinted his eyes as light flooded in from the hallway. there stood Beomgyu with a soft smile on his face. the villains eyes widened and he stepped out of the room, closing the door behind him.

his voice then came out in a whisper. "why are you here this early?". within the past few days since they both acknowledged their feeling for each other, Beomgyu has been helping Taehyun learn what his feelings mean. Beomgyu just smiled even brighter at Taehyun before grabbing his hand and pulling him down the lit hallway.

"i'm glad it was you who opened the door, there's something i wanted to show you". the two boys walked in silence for a few minutes until Beomgyu stopped at a small door. "you can't tell anyone that i've brought you here, okay?"

Taehyun just nodded as Beomgyu quietly opened the door and led them through. there was a tall spiral staircase on the other side and neither of the two spoke a word as they walked up them. it only took a minute to get to the top but it felt like longer.

they reached another door and Beomgyu turned to look at Taehyun with a smile before opening it. Taehyun was in awe when he saw what was on the other side. they were at the top of one of the castles towers. Beomgyu could see the shock on Taehyun's face and let out a soft laugh.

Beomgyu then took the youngers hand and pulled him to a neatly folded blanket. he then made Taehyun sit on the floor next to him and they rested their backs against the wall. "are we even allowed up here?". Taehyun spoke after a while of being silent.

Beomgyu laughed once again while unfolding the blanket and wrapping it around them both. "well, i am, but you're not". Taehyun then hit Beomgyu's shoulder playfully. "then why did you bring me up here if i could get in trouble for it?"

"i'll tell them that it was me who brought you up here so it's okay". Taehyun just nodded before looking out over the kingdom and going silent again. "thank you". the younger tilted his head as he looked over at Beomgyu after he heard those words.

"for what?". Beomgyu looked back at him with a soft smile and leaned his head onto the wall behind him. "for letting me help you figure out what your feelings are". the two sat in silence again for a few seconds until Beomgyu lifted his hand up and cupped Taehyun's cheek.

"can i.. teach you something else?". Taehyun nodded but tensed a little when Beomgyu leaned his face even closer than it already was. "i'm going to kiss you, okay?". the villain nodded and let out a breathy "okay" before his lips came into contact with a softer pair.

this feeling felt extremely new to the younger and he was about to pull away until he realised.. he was enjoying it. Beomgyu went to pull away after the short peck but Taehyun quickly grabbed the back of the olders head and pressed their lips together once again.

Beomgyu gasped at the youngers action but quickly smiled into the kiss as their lips moved against each other. the second kiss lasted until they both ran out of breath and had to pull away. their foreheads rested together and their eyes were still closed, the only noise you could hear was their breathing.

Taehyun then broke the silence by pulling out of Beomgyu's grip and leaning onto the wall. the older was confused by his actions because Taehyun had a sad expression on his face. he leaned up closer to the younger. "what's wrong?". he then saw a tear fall from Taehyun's eye.

"what will happen when i have to go back to the isle? i'll never see you again". Beomgyu let out a quiet sigh before making Taehyun stand up and pulling him into a hug. "i'll ask the king if you can stay. he's seen how you've been behaving during your stay!"

"he's seen how you've done nothing wrong, nothing illegal, nothing a villain would do". Taehyun wiped his tears on Beomgyu's shoulder before stepping back. "but i was going to! do you not remember the reason i gave you that love cookie in the first place?"

Beomgyu took a step forward and Taehyun took a step back. "your plan to steal the crown, of course i remember". another tear was about to fall but Taehyun wiped it away before it could. "and you continued to like me, despite the fact that i could have started a war between Heradia and the isle?"

"i wanted to help you! okay? i thought- maybe i could convince you not to go through with the plan". a sad laugh left Taehyun's lips as another tear fell. this time he didn't even try to wipe it away. "well you succeeded.. you made me fall so hard that i don't even want to be sent back to the isle anymore"

"no matter how much i'd miss Yeonjun, or Kai, i just wouldn't want to be away from you"