.FOURTEEN.

"Yeonjun?". the, now pink haired, male looked up from the book he was reading and smiled at the person who had come up to him. "hey Soobin". the prince smiled back at the older and sat on the bench next to him.

it had been a whole year since the three villains came back to the isle and they had changed completely. none of them even thought of going back to the isle. "what are you doing out here alone?". Yeonjun looked back down at his book before folding the corner of the page he was on and closing it.

"just thought i'd get some peace, you know? especially since i didn't want to be stuck in a room with those two lovebirds". the two chuckled and the book was long forgotten. Beomgyu and Taehyun had continued to get closer over the year and now acted as if they had been married for twenty years.

Yeonjun then turned his body to face Soobin's and leaned back onto the side of the bench. "what about you? why did you come out here?". the prince lightly smiled before also turning and facing the older. "i was uh.. looking for you, actually".

Yeonjun tilted his head slightly in confusion. "oh, well, why were you looking for me?". a soft laugh left Soobin's lips and then he stood up, Yeonjun following after. "as you know, i'm being crowned as king next week and- i was wondering if you wanted to go as my date to the ball after"

the question came as a shock to the older and he stood silent for a few seconds. if he wasn't so in shock, he would have come back with a teasing smile, or a joke. but he really wasn't expecting the prince to ask him a question like that. with a short breath, he let out an airy "yes".

———

"you're going on a date with him and didn't bother telling us until now?!". it was the day Soobin is going to be crowned as king and Yeonjun told both Taehyun and Huening Kai that he was the princes date to the ball after. Taehyun was looking through Yeonjun's clothes while Kai was trying to do the olders hair.

"it's not a date!". Taehyun paused for a second and looked at Yeonjun from across the room. "it's a date! he went looking for you so he could ask you out! you even said he looked a bit nervous when asking! he likes you, you idiot!".

Yeonjun playfully scoffed and Kai finished running some gel through his hair. "says you, the one who didn't even know what it was like to love someone just a year ago!". Taehyun walked over with an outfit and dropped it in Yeonjun's lap.

"at least i have someone who loves me back. don't think i haven't seen the way you look at Soobin". Yeonjun froze in shock and then leaned back in his chair with a sigh. "am i actually that obvious?". Taehyun nodded and Kai laughed.

"you literally have sparkles in your eyes when you look at him, Yeonjun"

Sorry this chapter is a little short!! this book is coming to an end and the next chapter or two will possibly be that last ones! for now, enjoy this little Yeonbin chapter.. more is definitely to come! :))