.THIRTEEN.

once the three males made it to the end of the underground tunnel, both Soobin and Beomgyu looked around the isle in awe. Yeonjun was the first to step forward and sighed when he realised where they were. "well this is just great!", he spoke in a sarcastic tone.

"our place is on the other side of the isle". Soobin stepped out next with a worried Beomgyu behind him. the isle had a completely different vibe than Heradia. the air wasn't clear, there was no children running around with smiles on their faces, there was zero magic.

"you", he pointed at Beomgyu and the said male stepped out from behind the prince. "don't act so scared, otherwise they'll know you're not from here". Beomgyu quickly nodded before standing up straight. Soobin then turned back to Yeonjun after looking around the area they were in.

"is this what it's like everyday here? no happiness?". Yeonjun lightly nodded as he began walking. luckily, there was barely anyone in the area so they would go unnoticed for a few minutes. "you both need to not act so polite, you'll get judged for that around here".

Yeonjun continued to grab random objects and pieces of clothing from walls as they walked through the isle. they then paused when they turned the corner to a busier area. Yeonjun faced the to royals and handed them the clothes he had picked up. "wear this, you'll blend in more"

Soobin and Beomgyu looked at the worn down pieces of clothing before slowly putting them on. when they turned back to Yeonjun, the older was looking at them with an amused smile. "you look great, now lets go. remember to hide your faces".

after he said that, Yeonjun grabbed the two other males wrists and pulled them through the crowds of people. a few looked their way in curiosity but ignored them in the end. it took a while before they were finally in a secluded area once again. Beomgyu and Soobin then pulled the clothes off and let out sighs of relief.

what they didn't notice until they turned back to Yeonjun was that the older had stopped in his place. "Yeonjun whats-" "shh!". he then signalled towards a door where quiet voices were coming out of. it was at that moment the other two realised.. it was Taehyun and Huening Kai.

———

"we really need to find somewhere for this, i'm pretty sure they'll send people over to try and find the crown". Taehyun just let out a sigh before standing up. "is it bad that i miss Beomgyu?". Kai looked over at his friend and softly smiled before placing down the crown and sitting next to him.

"of course not! if anything, it's good that you miss him. that means you really like him, right?". Taehyun nodded before sitting up straight. "i do.. but we're never gonna see him again. what about Yeonjun? he's probably stuck in a cell for all we know!".

"i'm stuck in a cell?". the two villains shot their heads up at the voice and looked over to the door where they saw Yeonjun with a smile. Taehyun was the first to jump up and pull the older into a hug. Yeonjun just chuckled as the two younger males were gripping onto him tightly.

they then pulled back in shock. Kai was the first one to speak. "how are you even here? did you escape from them?". it was then, that Taehyun and Kai realised something was wrong. they both stepped back as Yeonjun had an awkward smile on his face.

"about that uh.. i didn't exactly come here alone". not even seconds later, the door opened again and Soobin walked in, Beomgyu following after. Taehyun was frozen in place. Yeonjun, Soobin and Kai noticed the tension grow as soon as Beomgyu stepped in.

"i think we should give the two of you a moment to talk". and with that, Yeonjun pulled Soobin and Kai out of the room. Taehyun could feel his eyes tearing up once the three had left. they stood in silence for a few seconds until Beomgyu took a step forward.

Taehyun stepped back and looked to the ground. "Beomgyu..". the older stepped closer again and this time Taehyun stayed in his place. "please come back to Heradia..". Taehyun then looked up into Beomgyu's eyes and sadly smiled.

"so you can throw me into a cell, right?". a tear slipped from his eye and Beomgyu's eyes widened. the older then stepped forward one last time and cupped Taehyun's face with one hand before wiping the tear with his thumb. "we- well Soobin-"

"he made a deal with Yeonjun that.. if he got you and Kai back to Heradia with the crown, the three of you would get to live there for the rest of your lives. become Heradia citizens. the life of being a villain left long behind you!"

Taehyun didn't know what to say. "we don't.. fit in.. Beomgyu. the people in Heradia hate us! why would they want villains living amongst them?". Beomgyu let out a soft sigh and let go of Taehyun's face. "we can make them forget about your past-"

"we can change you for the better". Taehyun lightly grabbed Beomgyu's hand which was resting on his shoulder. "change us? you can try your best but it might take a while". those words immediately made Beomgyu's face light up.

"does that mean you'll come back?". Taehyun tried to hold in a smile at how excited Beomgyu had gotten, but fortunately, he couldn't. the small smile formed on his face and he let go of Beomgyu's hand with a nod. the older then let out an airy "oh thank god"

and then grabbed Taehyun's face again, placing their lips together.