Chapter 12~ Undecided Truth

Josh officially had my heart in his hands I was really high over heels for him I don't think I ever really felt this way about a boy I mean I like dated other guys but it wasn't serious like this time I really felt happy. My thoughts about the message couldn't even reach the back of my mind covered up in the shadows of other memories it was front an center that I couldn't shake off there was like a million questions running through my mind right now. Who is this? Why are you sending me messages on private? Could it be him? I just couldn't stay focused but the teacher seemed to snap me back into class.

"Nicole since you seem not to be paying attention I guess I’ll pick your assignment for you" Mr.Calverton said going into the stack of papers on his desk

I just realized everyone had went up to the front of the class to choose there theme for the Science fair project I guess I was so focused on the message I didn't realize it until now.

Mr. Calverton passed me a packet that said Cardio Vascular System that has something to do with the heart right?

"Class I expect these projects to be done by next Friday so you have the whole week" he said before the bell ringed

Jordan walked with me to my locker I put my books in

"Nicole are you feeling okay it seems you have been dozing off lately?" she said

Was it really that obvious I really need to work on my timing

"No I’m fine" I said closing my locker not noticing I didn't move my hand so it slammed my finger my eyes watered because of the pain I looked at my finger which had a cut an now was bleeding.

"Nicole.." she said

I started walking towards the clinic telling her I was fine before I was about to make it to the nurses office something caught my eye at the front desk where a man was signing papers he had Dark shaggy hair he was a muscular but not like ripped muscles like an average guy muscles he was wearing white pants with a black shirt that cringed tight to his body which showed off his muscles in the first place with a grey tie then he had a white suit jacket clutched to his side wearing a silver watch, I noticed some of the woman working at the front desk was checking him out. When he turned around I knew what I had been thinking had answered all my questions it was him....

I dropped my bag on the ground also letting my two other books from my classes fall to the ground as well I felt tears build up in my eyes not from the pain in my finger the happy, sadness the anger flowing inside me seeing my dad right in front of me after all these years.

He walked quickly up to me pulling me into a tight hug I was clenching the back of his shirt crying my eyes out like right now I didn't care who was staring all I know was my dad was here and I couldn't quite say I was happy or angry about it.

I was sitting in the passenger side of his car my bag in the back seat he had signed me out right now I had so many questions to ask him...

He turned the music down as he came to a stop by a near by ice cream parlor.

We sat down at a nice table by the window he ordered two chocolate Oreo covered Ice creams with a dash of whip cream an rainbow sprinkles like how did he remember that this was my favorite ice cream well are favorite ice cream when I was little he would always take me out for ice cream if I was feeling sad or if I won something.