Prologue

One year ago...

My mom and I had a great time visiting California for the summer, it was so much fun. Los Angelas was quite busy like alot of traffic, you couldnt imagine how horrible it was. I loved spending time with my mom knowing that she is okay, well lately she has been getting sick,but not like last time. I just hope it isn't like last time because that was nerve breaking to see her like that. Two years ago my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer, she doesnt smoke or anything so I dont know how she got it, but I hope she gets better. She is the only one I have here for me, my dad left when I was eight years old. The last thing he ever said to me was, "It's not you, it's me Nicole. I will all ways love you. When you get older you'll understand"

I cried my eyes out when he left. My mom didn't seem too affected by him gone but, she was their for me, thats why I would do anything for her. If she was gone I would be completly alone...

My two bestfriends Caitlyn and Vanessa knew what I was going through. I am so happy to have them in my life their like my sisters.

Today was Friday, the last day before spring break. Class was a breeze we practically did nothing so after school my friends were going to the mall. I didn't feel like it so I went straight home. I checked on my mom but she was asleep. After watching tv I took a shower then I went to bed. When I woke up for my running, I wish I would have went back to sleep and wished that what was going to happen was just a dream because I certainly wasn't prepared for....

This is how my new life starts to begin..