Chapter 30

When did my life suddenly turn into Romeo and Juliet?

It had been a week since I'd last seen Cameron. I had been missing school to study for my exams and although he's my neighbour, I was not allowed to meet him anymore, according to my parents. I was missing him like hell, and I didn't know what I could do to suppress these harrowing feelings I keep getting. As I ponder upon my pessimistic thoughts, the doorbell rings, and I suddenly grow ecstatic thinking that it was Cameron.

Imagine my surprise when I saw Maria at the front door of my house. It had been quite a while since I've hung out with her alone. I squealed in delight as she came crashing into my arms, wrapping me in a big bear hug.

"I heard what happened. I'm so sorry Sienn, it's not easy to be in your place." She says to me, while she is in my arms. "You are so strong, do you know that?

"Yes, but I don't want to get too self-absorbed and talk about myself. Why don't you go to my room, and I'll get us something to eat?" I asked her, and she nodded before heading upstairs. After she had gone up, I was on my way to the kitchen when I heard the sound of my doorbell ringing again.

When I open the doors to see who it was, because there was still a bit of hope that it would be Cameron, I got disappointed and confused when I saw that nobody was there. How strange was that? I was about to close the door, when I saw a neatly folded paper lying down on the ground of my porch. It looked to be very interesting.

The letter was still in my hand, unopened, but then Maria appeared in front of me with her arms crossed saying, "Spend time with me Sienn, I miss you so much. I need to talk to you about a few important things too. Oh and where's the food by the way? You know how hungry this baby can get." She rubbed her stomach as an emphasis.

I put the letter in the pocket of my ripped jeans, and decided to open it later. I don't even know if it's a letter, I couldn't just assume.

Anyways, I hesitantly enter my room upstairs after grabbing some chips and salsa from the kitchen as it was extremely mouth-watering. When I approached Maria, she started chatting away like there was no tomorrow. The whole time Maria was speaking to me, I could feel the letter practically call my name, begging me to read it. Not exactly, but you get the point.

"So his name is Joe. He is in my music class. He is so cute! You should meet him sometime." She told me.

"Really? Where's he from?" I inquired more about this interesting boy.

"He's from the UK. I like the way he is so chivalrous and gentleman-ly. You should see his generosity, you will find him amazing." She had a dreamy look on her face, and I knew then that she had grown very fond of this boy.

"But Cameron? My boyfriend? He's still the most good-looking I've known." I laughed, shaking my head, as she nodded but she didn't look concentrated.

"You guys are fine right?" She finally spoke, making me a bit shocked but I quickly recovered.

"Why not?" I asked.

"You know! Your family problems?" She stated, but it sounded more of a question than a statement.

"Yeah, I know. But I hope for the best."

"Me too, Sienn." She gave me a hug since I got teary as I remembered the state of my father and mother. I hadn't mentioned to her about how terribly disturbed they were since then. They ate little food so they could save money, but didn't speak much at home. Dad would try to brighten up mom's moods all the time. But even then, nothing could swing her mood a hundred-eighty degrees to the right side, happiness. They would go for job interviews but mom would return without actually doing the interview, because she claimed to be unready.

"I am planning to apply for this job at a restaurant? Hoping to earn a good amount of money." I brought up, when there was silence for a while.

"Really? I'll help out. We'll work to solve your family's condition together. Don't worry much. Your parents will get their company back. I am sure." She said. She had this look on her face that said she was up to a plan that would prove her words true. But I didn't comment on that.

"Thank you."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

She had left an hour and a half later, as she tried cheering me up. I somehow came to the topic about how strange it must've been that my boyfriend and I haven't been talking. Aren't we supposed to solve the problem together? Or does he not want to? Maybe he had given up on.... On us?

After a while, I heard my handphone ringing.

"Hello?" I asked, because the number was a private one.

"Hi Thompson. How's everything?" Cameron asked, his voice husky and slightly hoarse, as if he had been sobbing.

"Everything is not exactly fine, but we're coping. How about you? Why haven't you called for such a long time? Or where are you exactly?" I sounded very possessive, but that was because I really missed having a shoulder to lie on or crying to sleep as I rest my head on his lap. I missed his presence.

"Things are not good here too." Where? What does he mean? As if he already knew what I was asking, like telepathy, he continued, "Sam and I have gone to our Grandparents house, since my mother has gone missing, you know." He chuckled darkly. "But I miss you more than I've ever missed anyone in my life."

Tears threatened to fall out of my eyes as I thought about how our family rivalry could've broken our relationship. We had to be strong, not only for ourselves, but for all the other couples in this world who were meant to be, but could never end up together. Like Romeo and Juliet.

"I've got something really important to tell you. I found out that my moth----" Those were the words he said, before my phone was snatched away from my hand.

"What the fudge!" I saw mom after I said that, and she was looking very furious and hurt.

"Sienna, I told you not to talk to Cameron." She ended the call before saying that.

"I know but mom, he's still my boyfriend." I told her, to which she shook her head and said, "Just break up with him."

I grew extremely angry when she said that. I know she had her problems with Cameron's mom, but that didn't mean it should affect my love for Cameron.

But before any more words could be exchanged, dad was calling her, and she left after leaving my phone by my bedside table.

I decided to send a text to Cameron. But he had sent me one before I got the chance to.

Cameron: If you were not willing to talk to me, you could've told me, I would have given you a break.

Cameron: And if you don't want to text me too, then I.... I would believe that you are upset and you hate me for you assume my mother has done.

I cannot believe he said that. Just a few days back he told me about how much he 'loved' me.

Sienna: Hold on a minute, I promised you I'd never hate you even if you did the worst thing possible. Hate would never be the word to describe the feelings that I have for you. How can you say that? Do you even have faith in US?

I realized that a relationship could end up to be really well, but there were always going to be reasons for it to be affected like a wound unable to be healed. But I was willing to go to any extent to save mine. If Cameron's mother did this, I would first ask her why. She would have to answer me, whether I force it out of her mouth or the police do.

I didn't see Cameron's reply, because I was busy reading the letter that I had gotten from the ground of my porch. This would be the first step to correcting my relationship with Cameron.

As Taylor Swift said, "In a relationship each person should support the other; they should lift each other up."