Chapter 22

"Can we be more than friends?" He repeated, and he tilted his head downwards to look at his shoes, showing how unsure he was of himself.

The whole time this happened, my heart was beating at an unsteady speed, my face was tinged with a red color, all indicating how shy I felt at the moment. I wasn't sure if I heard the right thing from his mouth.

I realized how long I had been standing there, with my eyes wide and jaw dropped to the ground, so I cleared my throat, hoping that my blush was clearing slowly as well.

"I'm so sorry, is it too soon? Did you want to just be friends---" Cameron was rambling, so I cut him off.

"I-I would lo-love." I stuttered, without being able to form a coherent sentence.

My heart was begging me to scream the three lettered word, Y-E-S to him, showing him how I really felt about him and his question.

"Sorry Sienna, I couldn't quite catch that." Cameron's face was slightly pink due to embarrassment.

I breathed deeply and slowly let my breath go. Does anyone realize how much tension there is in the air?

"I'd love to be more than friends." I finally told him, to which his face brightened and he grinned widely, something he only did when he was extremely ecstatic about something.

He took me in his arms, carrying me and spinning me around. I was giggling due to the joy that I was feeling.

"You just made me the happiest person in the freaking universe! Thank you Sienna, you are the greatest person I have ever met." He told me, once he gained his calm posture back.

I chuckled and my face grew warmer and warmer. "It's going to be you and I."

"I like the sound of that. You and I." He said to me, repeating what I just said.

He then leaned closer to me cupping my face and then placing a sweet kiss on my right cheek, causing my cheeks to get all tingly and I suddenly felt like I was in outer space. He then continued by kissing my forehead, causing my head to go dizzy due to the insane feelings and sparkles of electricity shooting through my whole body.

We stood there, staring deeply into each other's eyes. I saw an emotion of adoration and excitement in his eyes.

"So...." He started.

"So...." I repeated.

"Will you go out on a date with me? The date will definitely be extremely adventurous and different." He told me, with hope clear in his eyes.

I decided to tease him a little bit. "I have to think about that, Hamshaw. I don't know if it's possible." I told him mockingly. It was hard to joke when I knew I was bad at lying. But he seemed to have believed me.

He looked sad and hurt. "Oh. I'm sorry to bring that up then." He looked far into the distance, and I immediately felt bad for saying that.

I cupped his right cheek with my hand and told him, "I would really want to go out with you. I was only joking around before you know." I chuckled at his seriousness.

His face was dead serious, "Not cool Thompson."

He began to walk away but I pulled him back and put my hands on my ear to show him how sorry I was.

He looked like he was going to say something, but decided against it. He tried to get out of my grasp, but I held on tight.

"You know I won't ever let go of you right?" I asked him.

"Yeah I know." He sighed, and continued, "I am not angry at you. Just scared that I wouldn't have a chance with you."

"I told you already that I would love to be more than friends. Believe me when I say that." I informed him, bringing him closer for a hug.