Chapter 15

The next morning, I had woken up slightly late. It was an extremely good way to start the day, right? WRONG! It was already going to be a bad day. I could feel it.

I took a quick shower, resulting in me almost tripping on the shower cap that was lying on the ground.

I put on a nice dark blue shirt, paired with some dark jeans, because I was already late anyways. I never really dressed up so well to school, so today I didn't use make-up at all. I just tied my hair into a ponytail and took my bag.

Maria was sick today, so my father was going to drop me. My mom wanted me to have some bonding time with him today. I'm not sure if I could 'bond' with anyone today, because I was already setting the record for being the world's longest sleeper.

After finishing my breakfast, which consisted of a juice pack with cereal, I headed out. My dad was already waiting in the car, quite patiently it seems. So we had the usual daddy-daughter talk, whether I had a boyfriend, or was I still close to Landon and Maria.

Upon reaching school, I waved at my dad saying "Bye dad, see you in the evening." I quickly rushed into school, and entered the class just in time.

"Silence class. I want all of you seated." My Chemistry teacher commanded. I looked around for a seat. I realized that this class was with Landon. I would have to talk things out with that boy today.

I walked towards the seat next to Landon, and he smiled as soon as he saw me seated. "Hi Sienn, good you came and sat here. I actually needed to talk to you about the-----"

Landon was cut off by the teacher's words. "Today you will do a practical in the lab. Hence, I want you to grab a partner. Literally. This is a tough experiment, and will highly affect your end-of-term grades. So hurry up. We don't have much time."

Landon and I were partners, and I tried as much as possible, to stop yesterday's topic from arising. I really didn't know what to tell him. It wasn't a big deal, really.

"Landon you aren't doing the experiment properly. You are supposed to pour the liquid, and not use it to feed the fish in the tank at the teacher's desk." I called out to Landon, as he walked back with an innocent face.

"What did I do? That fish was thirsty, and not only for water." He winked at me, and I rolled my eyes.

"Let's get serious Lan. It's about the fourth time I'm telling you this." I said tiredly, because honestly, I didn't understand this boy.

"Okay, but firstly Sienn, I needed to talk to you, as your best friend. About yesterday." He looked at me, with his eyes filled with hope, curiosity, and sincerity.

"I saw that coming. So.... I was out with Cameron." I told him.

"Out, as in, on a date?" That made my jaw drop to the ground, and I stared at Landon wide-eyed. "I mean like, did you guys go on a date? Do you guys like each other?" He continued asking.

"I didn't go on a date with the guy. We were simply hanging out with Samantha and Nick. Actually we weren't the ones hanging out. The kids had a play date, so Cameron suggested to go to the restaurant. I knew I would bump into you guys, but I took a risk anyways." I said to Landon, who was currently listening to me with narrowed eyes.

The bell rang almost after the staring contest that Landon and I had, and I thanked the Lords that there wasn't any further query. I mumbled a quick bye to Landon.

Suddenly, Landon's words came rushing to my mind.

"Out, as in, on a date?"

"Do you guys like each other?"