Chapter 26

A/N: Up there is a pic of Maria. She is so beautiful right?

So I wanted to say thanks to @VampiraGold for the cover she made. It looks fabulous.

Alright, since I’ve already deleted the line about being her boyfriend and all, the story will go on without that question. I hope there are not going to be any misunderstandings. Thanks guys!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Since I met Cameron, I never had doubts about how good of a guy he was. He takes care of me like he was more than my boyfriend. Our relationship was developing, I had noticed. We were walking home with our hands entwined as he shyly puts my hair behind my ear and I laugh at his actions.

"Are you telling me that you prefer villains over heroes? What is up with you?" I ask Cameron, to which he smirks.

"I mean have you seen Voldemort? Look at his handsome features. He is simply perfection." He said and we both burst out into laughter causing people to send glares at us and saying, "Weirdos".

"My goodness Cameron, you suck." I told him, causing him to pout adorably.

"I have a dirty mind." That's all he said, before he unknowingly dragged the two of us across the busy road, while he was stumbling around.

A car was on the way to our current position. As I saw my life flash in my eyes, we were somehow saved. The man who almost hit us rolled down his window and started yelling curses at us, talking about how reckless we both were, but he then shouted at Cameron, who had his head down.

As the driver drove away, we didn’t want to create a scene, so we walked to the other side of the road, towards the sidewalk, where I cupped Cameron’s cheeks. “Are you okay?”

I was mad at the man who drove the car, it was not even entirely Cam’s fault, but when I realized that Cameron didn’t say anything, I shook his shoulders.

I then realized that there were teardrops rolling down his cheeks. He shrugged my hands off of him, to which I felt slightly hurt. Nonetheless, I still comforted him.

“It’s my fault, I am so sorry, so sorry.” He kept repeating, hiding his face in his hands.

“Cameron, it’s not a big deal, you don’t have to be sorry at all.” I told him, “Come here.” I wrapped him in a hug, and I patted his head, as he just shook his head repeatedly apologizing.

We were back to the journey of walking home, I began realizing what just happened, and I thought about how Cameron reacted very unusual a few moments ago. It was different because I had rarely seen him cry like that.

We stopped by a nearby park that Cameron wanted to go to, because he needed to tell me something. It was Greenland Park that was a ten-minute walk away from home.

“I love going here, because it is the only memory I have of my father, left. I was 12 when he passed away. He….” His eyes began watering, and I patted him on the shoulder, “He had leukemia, it was the last stage, and we lost him that night at the hospital. After that happened, I had become angry at the world, becoming a rebel and all. But, I saw my mom and I realized that I had responsibilities.” He finished; his eyes filled with unshed tears.

“He must have been a great man. I know he would be so proud of you Cam, trust me when I say this. You took good care of your mother and your sister. You are a great son and brother. He is lucky to have you.” I told Cam.

“Yeah, thank you Sienna. I tend to be possessive of the people I care about. That’s what happened before, in that close-to-death experience.” He said.

I nodded. We walked back home with the longest route just so that we could cherish the silent but comfortable moment that we were sharing. He put his arm around my shoulder and mine found its way to his waist. My head lay on his chest as we walk home together.

“So tell me again how you find Loki better than Thor?” I asked Cameron.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“And when I told him I was taken, his face was like full of jealousy, you should have seen it. Like oh my gosh, and then I flirted with the other guy just so that he would fight for me.” A girl who was alongside of her friend was telling me while giggling, while I was just nodding my head like as if I was interested in hearing her words.

Ever since Cameron and I became a couple, many girls came to me for advice. Precisely ‘BOY ADVICE’.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, and there stood another girl who was a brunette asking me, “Do you think I should be more formal to my first date with this cute guy I like or more casual and sexy? I am scared if I don’t impress him.”

I was getting quite fed up with the questions being thrown at me from everywhere. Like, I mean why me? And so I answered the first girl.

“It maybe the right time to find out if this jealous guy likes you or not. Don’t worry about the consequences, if you like him, go for him.” I told the envy-jealous-guy girl.”

“And me?” The brunette asked after the other girl left with a thanks.

“Listen, you’re going out with a boy who likes you. But don’t dress for him. Dress for yourself. You are beautiful as you are. Whatever you wear should not matter. If I went on a date with Cameron, he wouldn’t mind even if I wore shorts and a t-shirt.” I said, remembering my first date.

“Thank you. That’s good advice.” She said, but I doubt that it was a good advice.

I was taking my books out of my locker for my next class, when I found an amused looking Cameron leaning against the lockers next to mine. “So many girls huh?” He asked, to which I nodded. “Aww, my poor baby.” He hugged me, causing me to relax.

We let go. “I missed you.” I said, struggling with my books that were so heavy.

“You saw me this morning babe.” He said, to which I grinned sheepishly. Haha I am his babe. Babe, babe. I like the sound of that word.

“Hey do you want a hand with those books?” He asked me, to which I nodded and swooned at his gentlemanly ways. I stared at his muscles as they hardened when he carried the books as if they were as light as feather.

He cleared his throat. “You might want to wipe that drool, because I know you want me babe.” He said, before walking ahead of me, leaving me dumbfounded.

I self-consciously touched my face to see if he was telling the truth or not. When I realized there wasn’t any, I relaxed. This boy was a one of a kind.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++