Chapter 18

I was now very bored. I was waiting patiently for someone to say something. I was sitting in the lunch table with Cameron, Andrew, James, Maria, and Brian. We all became closer as friends. I’m even going to go to Brian’s house today.

We were all concentrating deeply in the game ‘Bluff’, as we made groups to play with each other, trying to see who’s cheating. Cameron was playing with me, Brian with Maria, and Andrew with James. Yes, we were losers playing an intense game of Bluff.

As most already know, Bluff is a card game where the players aim to get rid of all of their cards. Normally played with at least three players; it is a game of deception. Players calling out the name of the game usually make a challenge, and the loser of a challenge has to pick up all the cards in the middle.

Today, Landon was having lunch detention, and he was not there to sit with us for lunch. He has begun to sit with the bad boys in long break ever since Brian got closer to us. But from time-to-time, he still sat at the jocks’ table. He still wasn't close to Cameron, Drew, and James though.

It has been two weeks since the photo-sending-to-mom incident, in which mom just gushed about how cute Sieron would be. Yes, she did make a ship name for us. It’s extremely weird though, because Cameron and I were only friends and nothing more. I still remember when Landon asked me if Cameron and I liked each other a few weeks back.

She promised me that she wasn’t going to tell Dad, after I told her about how Cameron just allowed me to sleep on his shoulder while we were watching a Horror movie. Although, she told me that if I ever wanted to date Cameron, she would allow me to, and I quote “Go for it, because he is hot.” I shook my head at that statement.

My thoughts were then interrupted as Maria loudly spoke “Bluff. I know you’re bluffing Bri.” She started doing a mini dance after Brian groaned out loud about how good she was at this game.

It was now my turn to put a card, and I looked over to see if Cameron was sneaking a peek at my cards. What I had not expected was to see a crimson, red-cheeked Brian looking shyly at one of the guys sitting on the table. I couldn’t figure out whom though, because he quickly looked away, when he saw me looking.

“Two kings.” I announced, when Cameron shouted, “Bluff. Give it up Thompson, you know I am the bluff master.” I scoffed at that.

“Oh yeah, you think so, Mr. I’m-so-arrogant-and-hot? I guess youre right.” I smiled deviously and picked up the two cards that I had kept on the table, and pointed it at his face. “Oops, I guess you weren’t right, Hamshaw.” Well, now that I showed him who is the real bluff master, I decided to quit the game. At the same time, the bell rang signaling the end of long break.

“Well I guess you were good, Thompson.” Cameron shook his hands with mine, as if he was congratulating me on winning a war. “Well played Thompson, well played.” As you all know now, we refer to each other with our last names, because he said he was tired of calling me Clumsy, and I didn’t really care, so I called him by his last name. I know, I know, we’re the weirdest people, but that’s what makes our friendship strong.

Yes, yes, Cameron and I are extremely good friends now, and there was no awkwardness at all. It was as if we knew each other from childhood, and he was suddenly beginning to speak a lot to me, and from time-to-time, he paid visits to my house for watching movies with me. We would go with our usual’s, first romantic or comedy then horror or action. It was a ritual.

“Earth to Sienna? Are you listening to what I’m saying?” Maria asked me, as I suddenly realized that we were on the way to class.

“I’m sorry, I was so deep in thoughts that I probably forgot to hear my bestie speaking.” We walked into the class and sat on our usual seats, as she looked at me, with an excited look on her face. I was even scared of her creepy smile and behavior.

“I’m so excited to see how Brian’s room and house is!” She said, while doing another mini dance.

“I thought, you saw it last time? When he showed you his house?” I asked her, curiosity lasing in my words.

“Yes, but that was last time. And he didn’t show me the inside. Now that I know he swings for the other team, I have gotten more excited to actually see how his room is, if it’s neat and tidy, and how his family is. Perhaps it’s just me who’s this excited.” She told me, when I got reminded about also being invited by Brian to his house.

“I know, I know, even I’m curious to know more about this mysterious boy in the name of Brian Haynes. Hey, did you realize his last name is like Colton Haynes? I wonder how he got his last name. What if he’s related to Colton Haynes? Wait a minute, don’t tell me he’s-----“

Maria shook my shoulders and cut me off, rather rudely. I looked at her, with a deadly glare, before she sighed and said, “Sienna, you’re rambling again.”

“Oops, sorry. I am nervous to find out who his ‘crush’ is. Not nervous exactly, but….” I tried to think of a word to describe my feelings.

She cut me off by asking me, “Curious?” I shrugged and gave her a nod.

She tidied her hair with her hands, by taking out her hair band, and combing her hair.

Soon enough, our subject teacher came in, and we all greeted him. “Sorry for being late, but I had to do something very important. Now get settled, and take out your textbooks.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It was the end of school. Cameron was walking out of our last period with me, and he stopped in his tracks, when he said, “You didn’t beat me in ‘Bluff'. Just to make it clear, I let you win.” He looked at me, with pride in his eyes.

“Oh My God, Hamshaw! I beat you at the game fair and square, you arrogant bas----“

Ms. Cupcake walked out of the class, and said to me, “Sienna, language. Cameron, arrogance.” She sent us an amused smile, before walking away.

“You know, you are one of my greatest friends right?” He asked me, after sending me a smile, but today, his smile reached my heart, and it beat wildly for a while, until I cooled down. His randomness didn’t have any timing.

“Thompson, do you have a ride home?” He asked me, before realizing something. “Oh yeah, you’re going to go to Bri’s house right today?” Before I was going to reply him, Maria and Brian walked towards where Cameron and I were standing, and Maria cleared her throat.

“Sienn, we’re going to wait in the car. See you soon.” Bri said to me, and I looked at Cameron, before he gave me a friendly hug and said bye.

“Hey, where are our hugs?” James pouted at me, and Andrew laughed at his antics. I went to them, and pinched their cheeks. I ruffled their hairs, and we three had a group hug, before Cameron joined in, and I was finding it hard to breathe from being choked by three large boys.

“I can't breath, you giants.” I said to them, while James scoffed and said, “We’re not giants. We’re simply muscly.”

“What the heck is muscly?” Cameron looked at James in confusion, and just shook his head at his hopeless friend.

“Bye Sienn!” Andrew said to me. Even James said.

“Bye Thompson. See you tomorrow.” Cameron told me, before I walked out of school, and he sent me a smile.

Guess today’s going to be interesting, since Maria and I were going to make Brian tell us who’s his crush.

Who is it?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++