8 - From bad to worse

AN: The music for her program is the bit from 0:11 until 4:14!

~

Lethbridge (Canada), October 31st 2015 - 12:32

I twist the beads of the bracelet, unable to get it out of my mind. What should I even do with it? Track him down to give it to him? How would I even get to him... I sigh, tossing the bracelet into my bag before starting to get dressed trying to get into the zone for my free skate. I slip on my costume, grateful that it doesn't have a zipper. I wasn't sure if I loved this costume to be honest but I was grateful that it at least had long sleeves. It was a plum colored long sleeve costume with an open back and a black skirt.

I lace up my skates, pulling my skin colored stockings over the boot and put my black blade guards on. I zip up my jacket as I head towards the rink where Misha and Sveta are already giving a pep talk to Christina, not that she really needs it... She might be the most levelheaded person I've ever met, she's not even nervous. Before I know it we're on the ice warming up, I start with my step sequence and move on to my spins. I skate towards Misha, handing him my jacket while he shoves a tissue at me.

"Okay now do your jumps, you have three minutes left so do them only once, don't over exhaust yourself!"

I nod, doing exactly as he says, nailing all my jumps just before the warmup time is over. I try to keep myself warm as I wait for my turn, I really hate skating at the end of the warm up. As the Japanese girl finishes her program I head towards the rink, handing my stuff to Misha.

"Keep your strength, don't spend all your energy in the first half. Go get them tiger!" he says, squeezing my shoulders tightly.

'PLEASE WELCOME REPRESENTING UKRAINE DARIANKA SAVCHUK'

I skate towards the left side of the rink and go into my starting position, my heart pounding in my chest as I wait for my music to start. I try to convey the mood of the music through my choreography and facial expressions. I try to look intense when the music is fast paced and when it slows down I'm melancholic, it is called the dance of death for a reason!

The first half of my program goes well, I start with a triple flip triple toe combination, a flawless double axel, a triple toe euler triple salchow, good combination and flying camel spins and another triple flip. I try not to smile in order not to break character as I go into my triple lutz and I fall. Hard. Over rotated again so I fall clumsily on my left hip, I try not to wince in pain as I get up going into my double axel triple loop. I fall again.

I try to gather my thoughts and catch up to the music as I go into my choreo sequence: an short inside cantilever transitioning into an outside spread eagle. Okay here goes the last jump: triple loop. Step out. That wasn't perfect but at least the jumps are over, I let go of everything else as I focus on the music and my step sequence. I notice that I'm late compared to the music when I go into my layback spin. I finish a few seconds after my music.

I bend over, supporting myself on my knees panting raggedly. I try to smile as I bow to the judges before leaving the ice, I put on my guards and my jacket as I head towards the kiss and cry.

"That wasn't bad, the first half was excellent" Misha pats my back as we sit down "You lost your mojo in the second half though..."

"Yeah I know..." I sip my water as we wait for the scores.

'THE FREE PROGRAM SCORE FOR DARIANKA SAVCHUK 109.91'