50 - Continuity

Sometime in November - Munich

"Hey!" I smile to the camera on my phone, waiting for Yuzuru's face to appear on my screen "Isn't it late in Canada? Or I guess early in the morning...?"

"I couldn't sleep..." he sighs and I hear some shuffling before light floods his bedroom, finally making his face visible "What are you doing?"

"I'm uh getting donuts..." I admit with a sheepish grin, showing him the box I was holding with my other hand "Wait a sec, I need to open my door!"

"Donuts? Aren't you supposed to be on a healthy diet?" he chuckles, his voice still husky and a bit groggy.

"Mmm... I am..." I hum, kicking the door with my foot to close it before finally setting down the box of donuts in my kitchen "I'm just waiting for Nick, today's a cheat day so we're staying home and watching movies..."

"And eating junk food?"

"Yes, Yuzu I'm eating junk food! Promise I'll spend an extra hour in the gym tomorrow to work it off!" I laugh, rolling my eyes at him when he childishly sticks his tongue out "Besides, I need the donuts to calm him down. Apparently nobody told him yet that Chris slept with Javi this summer and he knows that Javi's avoiding him. So now it looks like I'm the only one who has the guts to do so!"

"Eh?" his brain finally catches up to whatever I was saying and his eyes widen slightly in response "I thought someone would have told him by now, Javi wanted to do it..."

"I guess he didn't..." I shrug, throwing myself on my couch with an disgraceful grunt, my muscles aching because of a rough ballet lesson from the previous day "How's he doing?"

"He's fine, annoyed that he didn't qualify for the Grand Prix finals..." Yuzuru answers quietly with a shrug, laying sideways and leaning on his elbow.

"At least he'll more time to prepare for Europeans..." I offer with yet another exhausted sigh "How are you? Anything new with your foot?"

"Not really..." he whispers with a sad look on his face "Brian still won't let me on the ice so my mom and I are going back to Japan next week."

"You are? Are you staying long?"

"Probably until the new year... I'll go back earlier if I can skate."

"Well at least you'll be with your family for the holidays..." I smile lightly, trying to make light of the situation "And your birthday!"

"Yeah..." he huffs before smiling tentatively at me "You know... The flight from Sendai to Nagoya's only one hour long..."

"Yuzu..." I sigh once again, hesitant to say anything that may upset him "I'm not sure it's such a good idea..."

"Come on... I'm gonna go crazy if I don't-"

"But I need to focus!" I cut him off, running a hand through my hair "Plus if you pull another stunt like what you did at NHK I might explode from all the gossip."

"It's not that bad..."

"That's because you're not the one getting death threats on social media!" I exclaim waiving my arm around in frustration "You don't even have social media! So all you see is those Japanese articles that basically just worship you as their god and question wether I'm worthy to even talk to you!"

"Look they're just a bit intense but-"

"Listen I have to go, my brother is gonna be here soon and I need to figure out what I'm gonna tell him..." I interrupt him again, smiling sadly at him "I promise I'll think about it."