44 - Bookstore date

"So where are we going?" I ask Yuzuru as we walk through a quiet neighborhood, swinging our hands back and forth.

"You'll see..." he smirks mysteriously, draping an arm around my shoulder and kissing my temple gently "But I think you'll like it!"

"Come on....!" I whine, holding onto his arm with desperation "You know I hate surprises!"

"Really?" he smiles innocently, shaking his head in amusement "Trust me you'll enjoy this one..."

"Oh so you expect me to just blindly trust you to take me to an unknown location, without disclosing any details about the nature of the activities we shall be partaking in?!" I breath out, speaking quickly and dramatically.

"Did you practice that? Because if not, you should probably be a lawyer once you retire..." he chuckles, grabbing me by the back of my neck to pull me into a kiss.

"Mmm... I guess I spent a lot of time around lawyers as a kid..." I muse, ducking to avoid his attempt to kiss me "But I think it would be something Chris would be more interested in..."

"Hey!" he yelps, hooking both of his hands around the back of my neck and looking into my eyes deeply.

"God, boys and their egos..." I snort, smirking as I kiss him quickly before shaking my head at his outraged facial expression "So fragile..."

"My ego is not fragile!" he squeaks, speeding up his pace and leaving me to catch up with him.

"I beg to differ!"

"You what!?"

"Oh sorry! It means that I disagree..." I laugh when it hits me that he probably doesn't even know what that means "I'm starting to talk like Chris... Guess I spend too much time around her."

"Mmm..." he hums absentmindedly, once again draping an arm around my shoulder "I actually think you'd be a good lawyer..."

"Maybe... Chris is just more argumentative than I am half of the time and the other half she's got this quiet 'I'm judging everyone right now' thing going.... It's actually kinda scary..." I ponder out loud, trusting Yuzuru to watch where we're going and to prevent me from walking into a street sign if need be.

"Which is why I think Chris would make a good psychiatrist! She's very good at reading people and-"

"What?! No!" I protest, scoffing at Yuzuru "She would hate that! Listening to people's issues all day long... She'd rather just argue with them."

"I didn't say she'd like it, I said she'd be good at it."

"Fair enough... I actually considered studying psychology when I go to university..."

"Really? What else would you consider?"

"Maybe med school? I don't really know, I guess law school could be an option too..." I muse, answering thoughtfully as he steers us onto a busier street "I guess I'll see when I actually decide to apply."

"When are you gonna do that?"

"Definitely not this year..." I reply, intertwining my fingers with his "I just graduated from high school so I'm taking at least a year off, maybe two. We'll see what happens with my skating career during the next couple of years."

"You want to go after you retire from skating?!" he exclaims, staring at me with wide eyes.

"Not necessarily, I just wanna focus on skating for a while before I start going to school again!" I answer defensively, furrowing my brows at him "I know you're somehow doing both but we can't all be perfect Olympic champions and model university students-"