35 - Diner date

I finish off my makeup with a touch of gloss, having decided to go for a really natural look tonight in an effort not to overdo it. It's not like we're going to a celebratory banquet or anything. I make my way into the bedroom I was sharing with Chris to pick out some jewelry, opting for a few golden rings, small golden hoop earrings and a simple chain around my neck.

"Hair up or down?" I ask Christina who was standing in the doorway with a disapproving look on her face.

"Up." she replies bitterly, still pretending to be upset that I didn't want to wear a sexy dress for my date with Yuzuru.

"Please tell me that you at least wore a good pair of knickers!" she whines, trying to tug at my short to take a peek at what's underneath.

"Chris!" I shriek, slapping her hands away "I wore the black ones..."

"The lacy ones?"

"Yes!" I reply with an eye roll, tugging at my shorts in discomfort"They're riding up my butt and I hate them!"

"But your arse looks fantastic in them!"

"Awww, if you wanted to see my ass you could have just asked Chris! No need to beat around the bush..." I tease her with a wink.

"Kiss my arse!"

"Sorry, no."

"Are you sure you don't at least want to borrow a pair of heels?" she practically begs me, staring at my white converse with distaste.

"Yes, I'm sure. I will, however, borrow your bag..." I answer with an innocent smile as I twist my hair into a messy updo, securing it with a black claw clip before pulling out a few short strands to frame my face.

"Of course you bloody will... The black one I suppose?" she snorts, rummaging through her suitcase to find the bag in question "At this point you wear it more than I do."

"That might just be true... I really need to buy a similar one!" I admit, deciding to wear an oversized white shirt on top of my crop top, knowing that I'll get cold under the air condition at the restaurant. I take one last look in the mirror, appreciating that my denim short hug my figure perfectly while also being extremely comfortable before going to the living room to put on my shoes and wait for Yuzuru.

 I take one last look in the mirror, appreciating that my denim short hug my figure perfectly while also being extremely comfortable before going to the living room to put on my shoes and wait for Yuzuru

I take a peek at my phone, noting that Yuzuru should be here to pick me up in a few minutes before putting it away in Christina's black bag. I take a few deep breaths to calm myself, hoping that I'll be able to actually talk to him without stammering and blushing profusely. It used to be so easy to talk to him, natural even, but now under the weight of high expectations it seems to be nearly impossible...

"Darianka?" Roman's calm voice pulls me out of my reverie and I shoot him a weak smile "It's going to be fine... Stop overthinking everything..."