24 - Dance with somebody

~

~

I vaguely remember complimenting Christina's dress before slipping into my own, after having done her makeup and mine. I never thought I'd be this nervous to see Yuzuru, even Chris must have sensed it because she was unusually quiet and refrained from teasing me.

I took one last look at myself in the mirror, before I had to head out. I have to admit that I looked beautiful in that dress, accompanied by some nude colored heels and some light makeup. Okay maybe a lot of makeup... My thoughts are interrupted by a knock on the door and I had to finally tear my gaze away from the mirror, get over my insecurities and get on with this damn date.

I grab the handle, swinging the door open and grinning nervously at Yuzuru, who looked like a lost puppy, all nervous and fidgety.

"Hi..."

"Hey! Um let me just grab my bag, put on my shoes and the we can go..." I beam and turn back to get my phone from inside the room, leaving the door open. Although I notice he doesn't move, or talk, his eyes trailed on me. Before I can go back into the doorway, Christina walks over to him with a smirk, leaning in the doorway.

"Never seen a woman in a dress before?" she asked him in a teasing voice, quirking a brow at him "You know the proper thing to do would be to compliment her and maybe give her that flower you're hiding behind your back..."

"Chris! No snarky commentary please..." I groan, throwing my phone into my Lanvin bag and a pair of low block heels I had borrowed from Chris.

"Oh snap out of it you bloody Don Juan wanna be!" she snaps her fingers in front of his face, making him flinch slightly but he still didn't take his eyes of me "Didn't that Spaniard friend of yours teach you anything?!"

"Shut it Chris!" I shove her out of the way and she goes back into the bathroom on a fit of giggles.

"Ready?" he asks, taking a step towards me with a wolffish grin.

"Ready..." my smile only widens when he pulls a red rose from behind his back, handing it to me.

"It's an infinity rose, s-so it doesn't need water... I know you got plenty of flowers from the competition..." he says, glancing inside the room which was filled with flower vases "But I wanted to give you one anyway a-and you can keep it! O-or not if you don't like-"

"It's perfect! Thank you Yuzuru..." I grin, pulling him towards me to softly peck his cheek before setting the rose on the small table beside the door "Shall we?"

We make our way to the elevators in an awkward silence and in that moment I was very thankful that the banquet was being held in the hotel we were staying at. When we step out of the elevator however I'm not so thankful anymore because I'm suddenly blinded by camera flashes, unable to get off the elevator as they were crowded around it, hounding us with questions that I couldn't really make out.