42 - Kiss here

"Yuzu...?" I mumble, peeling one eye open to see him smiling at me goofily "Are you watching me sleep...?"

"Maybe..." he chuckles, he slowly props himself up on one elbow, gently shifting his grip on my waist as if he was afraid I might break "Can I ask you something?"

"Hm?"

"I- Um... How are you feeling?" he asks, his expression instantly becoming serious.

"Good." I say firmly with no hint of doubt in my voice before cracking out a smile "Very sore though..."

"So... No regrets?"

"Absolutely none."

"You just said that you wanted to take things slow-"

"No..." I correct him with a smile, rolling over and leaning on his chest, resting my chin on his sternum "I said that I would rather keep it private. And yeah I guess I would have liked to take things a bit slower but we don't really have time for that..."

"We could have... I would have waited as long as you wanted to..."

"I know. That's why I didn't want to wait..." I smile fondly, tracing his collarbone with my fingers "We've known each other for a long time... I trust you, it's as simple as that."

"Okay... I just wanted to make sure..." he sighs, playing with my hair, twirling the ends around his fingers "It's weird to think about how long ago we met... We were so different back then..."

"Yeah... It feels like forever ago." I chuckle, resting me head on his chest "Never thought I'd end up naked in your bed."

"I didn't even think you'd ever talk to me again..." he admits, kissing the top of my head "You were so..."

"Bitchy?" I snort, shaking my head "Yeah, I was..."

"Well, that too..." he laughs, running his hands up and down my back "But no. I was gonna say that you were really distrusting of people and I guess it was hard to get to know you..."

"Hey! Who's talking?!" I exclaim in outrage "I was always the one talking about myself while you were just listening!"

"Well I didn't really speak English back then!"

"Hm... That's true." I concede, kissing his sternum gently "Are you still taking English lessons?"

"I did until a few weeks ago... I-i still do some worksheets but it's an important year so I don't want to waste time and energy-"

"Yeah I get it. You don't have to justify it, I was just curious because you've improved. Like a lot..."

"I've been working on my accent too, did you notice?" he asks hopefully, grinning at me like an idiot.

"I did but I happen to like your accent! It's adorable!" I giggle when I see the outraged look on his face "There's still a hint of it left though!"

"And?!"

"And... I find that sexy..." I smirk, kissing his neck gently.

"And you have to stop doing that if you want me to be cute this morning..."

"Sorry sorry... I don't think I'm up for round two just yet..." I blush, hiding my head in the crook of his neck.

"I figured as much, but I have a better idea..." he exhales contently, raking his hands through my hair "You hungry?"

"Not really, I could use some tea though..."

"Okay, let's take a bath. I'll make you some tea and maybe it'll help with the uh..."