12 - Scaredy-cats

AN: the song for the gala scene is up there 👆 (the song would be cut around 3:05!)

~

I grunt as I let myself fall down on the ice, not having enough strength to hold on to my triple loop.

"You're not letting your upper body rotate! You block it..." Yuzuru explains as he holds out his hand to me.

"Thanks..." I mumble as I get up "I know... But if I let it rotate then I over rotate the jump and just fall on my left hip..."

"You're scared..." he answers, eying me quizzically.

"Of what?"

"The loop!"

"Wha- No... I'm not!" I cross my arms defensively.

"Yes, you are!"

"Okay maybe a little... But this is my least favorite jump for a reason! I got injured because of it and I've never been able to do it consistently since then!"

"You should try a quad loop." he deadpanned, a hint of mischief in his eyes.

"HA. HA. You're so funny..." I roll my eyes, smacking his arm with more force than necessary "And who are you to speak, you can't do it either!"

"I can! I have it in my programs!"

"Yeah but you don't actually go for it..."

"Eh?!"

"I can tell when a jump is half assed, and your quad loops are. You're scared of them too!" I say as I skate away from him.

I put my guards on as I step out of the rink, grabbing the rest of my stuff from the boards, heading towards the changing room. I snort as I hear him running behind me, trying to catch up. I pause in front of the door, turning around to face him with one raising one eyebrow expectantly.

"Are you hungry?"

"Yes."

Silence.

"Was that an invitation?"

"Yes"

"Fine... I'll meet you here in 20 minutes!"

I remove my skates lazily, before changing into my grey sweatpants and white crop top. I sigh as I undo my ponytail, slightly massaging my scalp before putting my hair up into a loose messy bun.

When I look at the time I realize Yuzuru must already be waiting for me, so I start to pack my stuff into my (mint) green suitcase frantically

When I look at the time I realize Yuzuru must already be waiting for me, so I start to pack my stuff into my (mint) green suitcase frantically. I hear a knock at the door as I'm putting on my flannel jacket.

"Just a sec! I'll be right out!" I shout as I grab my luggage.

We make our way towards the exit of the rink in comfortable silence, both exhausted from the morning practice. We decide to just walk to the hotel since it's not only two blocks away and we both needed the fresh air.