48 - Setback

Four months later - Osaka (Japan)

I stomp through the hallways of the hotel in my pajamas, brows furrowed in anger, hair up in a messy bun that looked more like a bird's nest after a nights sleep and the laces of my converses dragging on the floor because I ran out in such a hurry. I pound on the elevator buttons, rolling my eyes at the fact that I was supposed to go to the top floor. I would have a few choice words to say about that topic, typical, unnecessary and over the top being the PG 13 ones.

I clench my fist around the two keycards that were in my hands before remembering that they will probably not work anymore if they're not in one piece. I look around for a moment after stepping out of the elevator, trying to determine which way I'm supposed to go before I hear muffled voice coming from one of the three rooms to my left. I scoff, marching over to the door of the 'delux' suite, unlocking it and throwing it open with such force that it bangs against the adjoining wall, effectively cutting short the shouting match that had undoubtedly been happening as three shocked pair of eyes train on me.

"You called her?!"

"Of course I did! I told you I would!"

"You had no right!"

"Well I didn't know what else to do! She might be the only person you listen to!"

"You woke her up for this?! She could still be sleeping if you-"

"ENOUGH!" I scream, slamming the door shut behind me to once again silence the two men who had defaulted to yelling at each other "What the hell?!"

Silence.

"Oh so now you don't have anything to say for yourselves?!" I scoff angrily, crossing my arms over my chest, my eyes darting back and forth between them.

"Will you please talk to him-"

"It's nothing just go back to sleep-"

"He won't listen to any of us and Brian's not here-"

"We weren't supposed to see each other until tomorrow!"

"Shut up! Especially you." I raise my voice, pointing an angry finger at Yuzu who just sat there, mouth agape and eyes widened "I haven't seen you in four months and I'm dragged out of bed an hour earlier for this?!"

"But I-"

"No! I said shut up, didn't I?" I say through gritted teeth before turning to the man I spent countless hours with in Toronto and who had become part of my support system, FaceTiming me from time to time to check on my progress "And you! What is wrong with you that you can't even get him to listen to you?"

"You know I can't control what he does! I just advise him."

"Yes, you can! I don't care if you have to put an electric collar on him to do so." I throw my hands in the air, ignoring Yuzuru's huff of indignation as I continue to address Ghislain "So... Did you miss me?"

"Thanks for coming Darianka..." Ghislain chuckles, opening his arms expectantly and I shake my head as I walk into his embrace, feeling a small smile tugging at my lips.

"How come he gets a hug and you don't even look at me?!" Yuzuru cries out from where he was sitting on the bed, ice packs strapped to his knee and ankle.

"Because I am pissed at you!" I bite back, the sound somewhat muffled by Ghislain's knitted sweater "Now would someone mind explaining to me what the issue is?!"

"He wants to compete with a torn ligament..." says the fourth person in the room that I had ignored until now, having no idea who she is. I don't focus much on her and only register that she's sitting in an armchair in the corner of the room, watching everything unravel from a safe distance.