lifeless

Adriens POV:  

"Adrien, I-- I cant find a pulse, she--- she isn't breathing." I made my way running into the pouring rain and down the street to Marinette's house. I looked in horror down the street in front of the bakery at Alya, who had Marinette's head in her lap and was coddling her while rocking back and forth. Alya dropped the phone and looked over at me with tears dripping down her face. 

I fell to my knees, grabbing Marinette and pulling her into my arms. 

"NO NO NO NO NO!" I shouted into the cloudy sky. 

"WHAT HAPPENED?" I looked over at Alya with tears in my face. 

"I was walking around the corner---- and---- I--- I--- I---- saw Luka---- beating Mari----- strangling her---- MURDERING HER." she screamed throwing her face into her hands. I grabbed Marinette and picked her up. I looked around and heard sirens in the distance. I looked down the street and saw an ambulance as well as a fire truck on its way. I ran over, to meet it half way and met with the EMT's. 

"Please, she-- she was beat up in front of her house by a guy... she stopped breathing and--- I don't know what to do.." They grabbed her out of my arms quickly and placed her onto the gurney. They looked for a pulse before starting compressions and giving mouth to mouth. They started to close the ambulance doors and head to the hospital. I watched as the ambulance turned a corner in the distance and turned around to see Alya. She was still sitting on her knees, rocking herself back and forth. I helped her up and went to my car which was still in front of the bakery. 

locked.

I ran inside of the bakery and saw the keys on the counter. I picked them up and felt a chill run down my spine, feeling the warmth that they still had from the last time Mari had touched them. I ran back out into the rain and helped Alya into the car before starting to the hospital. 

I cried the entire way there. I went to look for a spot, but after a few minutes of no luck I just parked right outside, not caring what the fine was.. I ran in to see the check-in desk and grabbed Alya. 

"Marinette Dupain- cheng?" I looked at the woman frantic. 

"What?--" 

"Her name is Marinette Dupain-cheng.. Where-- where can I find her?" I was still hysterically crying. They looked at each other before looking back at me. 

"Sir, your, in shock, please if we could sit you down." They both got up and started towards me grabbing at my arms. 

"no, No, NO! YOU AREN'T LISTENING!! WHERE! WHERE IS MARI!?!" I locked eyes with one of the nurses who backed off of me and headed to the computer. 

"There should be a doctor coming out with news shortly sir, please sit down." I just looked over to see Alya already sitting in a chair and staring straight ahead with tears falling down her face, but no emotion present. I could see she was whispering something and went over the check on her. 

"Alya.." I looked over going in to hold her hand in comfort, she pulled away...

"NO STOP! SHE DIED! SHE DIED IN MY ARMS! I FELT HER HEART STOP! IT STOPPED ADRIEN! SHE WAS GONE! I LOOKED DOWN AND DIDN'T SEE MARI, I SAW A BODY.. BUT NO MARI!"  I looked at her in horror before starting to cry again. I sat in my seat crying and thinking about her before I felt a light hand on my shoulder. I looked up. 

"Are you Mr. Dupain?" It was a doctor with a clip board looking at me. I stood up to meet his level and looked at him dead in the face. 

"No.. Im-- Im her boyfriend... Can you tell me what happened? What happened to her? Is she okay?" He looked me in the eyes with sorrow before looking back at his clipboard. 

"Im sorry sir, When she got into the ambulance she had no pulse, she had been sitting in the rain making her body highly susceptible to any type of sickness as well. After getting her into the ambulance we started compressions for 10 minutes. There was no sign of life, we then decided to shock her three times to restart her heart. We got a small signal on the last attempt. They continued to work with that heartbeat until they got to the hospital. While working on evaluating her injuries she fell into cardiac arrest. She later lost her pulse again. We tried to restart her heart and was able to keep a successful heart beat, while running tests we found that she had a brain bleed as well as many broken ribs. She is in surgery now for her brain bleed." He looked me in the eyes before placing a hand onto my shoulder. 

"When can I see her?" I looked back up at him. 

"If she does survive the surgery, which is unfortunately against the odds. She will most likely be in a coma for the rest of her life. She is going to be in surgery for a while." My face dropped into my hands as I felt my blood run cold. I cried silently and sat back into my chair. 

A few hours later the doctors came out to come and bring me into the room where Mari was staying in. She had tubes down her throat, and wires attached to every portion of her body. 

"She can hear you,  you can talk to her." A nurse added while shutting the door behind me. 

I sat next to her and grabbed her arms and cried. I looked back to see the door slide open, it was Alya. She just came over to the chair next to the bed and sat there, staring at Mari. 

"Im so sorry Mari, I should have been there. I should have been with you. I should have came and protected you." I whispered into her hand. I kissed her hand looking at her pale and lifeless body sitting in the bed. 

After a while I sat back in my seat, slowly growing more tired. I looked over at Alya who hadn't moved an inch since she got there. I closed my eyes and drifted into dreams. 

YOU THOUGHT I WAS GONNA LEAVE YOU GUYS ON A CLFF HANGER... FOR TWO DAYS?!?! WHAT AM I... A CRIMINAL?!? NO WAY!! ANYWAYS IM GOING TO TRY TO UPDATE IN AN HOUR OR SO, SO STAY TUNED BUGGABAES!!