Day 37

I woke up wrapped in someone's arms and I was extremely confused. I turned my head around and still couldn't see. I shifted my body making the person start to move as well and I froze up. They stopped and I relaxed and turned my body the rest of the way to be faced with Malfoy. 

"Shit," I whispered rolling my eyes and resting my body. I lifted his arm slowly off of me and stood up. "Where are you going?" He asked sleepily. "Just, the bathroom." I lied turning back to face him. "Oh, okay." He said turning around and falling back asleep. 

I sighed and walked to my dresser picking up my wand and opening the door slowly. I tip-toed down the stairs and stopped at the bottom. I held it and closed my eyes tightly thinking clearly about my destination. 

I opened my eyes as everything spun and twisted until I was in my living room. I took a deep breath in and stood there. I smiled as I looked out of the windows and I heard a noise. I looked around and I heard it again. 

"FUCK!" I heard a familiar voice shout. "Neil?" I called out. There was no answer but he was still screaming swear words. I was nervous as to what was going on as I walked up the stairs and approached the door. 

I held my breath as I turned the knob expecting to see my brother with a girl. Instead, I saw him in his room. With something around his head that had a stick coming out of it. "OH, hey y/n." He said before turning the TV off. 

"Hey, so... your home. Again." I said, sitting down on the floor across from his bed. "Yeah, I know I just... like visiting home." He said sitting down on the edge of his bed. "Neil, what's really going on?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

"It's about Janice." He replied, letting out a sigh. Janice was Neil's wife and you remembered their wedding. It was so fun and beautiful. I remembered that I loved Janice so much even though she had a few bad traits that I was able to see past. 

"We got into a fight and I decided to give her some space, staying here. But when I went back I found her there, with someone else. Romantically." He said hanging his head down low. "What?" I asked eyes widened in shock. 

"Turns out that it'd been going on for a while." He continued. "What about the kids? What's going to happen?" I asked, I had so many questions. "Shared custody. Our final divorce papers were just signed a few days ago." He said looking down and pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration with his index finger and thumb. 

I stood up and walked towards him tightly hugging him. "Neil, I'm so sorry," I whispered as I felt his hands wrap around my torso hugging me back. "I don't know what to do y/n." He said beginning to cry into my shoulder.

"Shh, Neil. It's going to be okay. Let's just figure something out. You can stay right here in your room and when you have the kids they can stay in our old rooms. I'll stay here with you and help you." I said pulling away and sitting next to him. 

"What about Malfoy?" He asked, sniffling and wiping away his tears. "I need a break from Draco. He thought that he could make my decisions for me and I kind of realized that, I always depend on him. I need to stop. I need to be my own person." I explained. 

"Oh, I'm sorry." He said softly. "Don't be. It's okay, it's not your fault." I said, giving him a half-smile. "So, I get the kids tonight and I'm nervous. Will you come with me?" He asked worriedly. "Yeah of course," I replied standing up. 

Neil was about to say something when he was interrupted. "Y/N?" I heard a familiar voice shout from downstairs. "Shit. I knew he'd find me." I whispered before opening the door and walking out of the room. 

I stood at the top of the stairs and saw Malfoy standing in the living room and looking up at me. "What are you doing here?" He asked, walking towards the stairs. "I could ask you the same thing," I replied while beginning to walk down the stairs.