Five

"Do you reckon she's awake already?"

"I don't know, it's 10 am so maybe, we'll just let her come and get us"

"I feel bad leaving her alone again"

"Me too, but, we have stuff to get on with"

"Which are?"

"Not even I know myself, Amelia"

"At least tell whoever will be watching this"

"Well then listen, watcher. All will make sense soon- OUCH!"

"Goofball"

I switched off the camera and sat up. "So about Vegas...when?"

"We can try to make it there today" Ross pushed a hand through his hair and stretched then curled up once again. "We should probably get up, I heard footsteps"

"Yeah, let's go" I swivelled off the bed and took my shorts off, pulling my jeans back on. Following that, I went into the bathroom and changed into a baseball shirt crop top and put on my converse.

By the time I was back, Ross was already dressed with his signature leather jacket. On the way down the stairs, I climbed on his back and let him take me down with him.

"Well you two sleep in late" Anna was already on her feet, the radio softly playing behind her. From what I could tell, she was making Nutella, ham & cheese, and peanut butter jelly sandwiches. "I figured you guys would be hitting the road early so I made some snacks; I can't hang around for long because I have to go babysit my daughter's children"

"We'll be out of your hair in no time" Ross gave her a hug. "May life be nice to you"

"If not then we'll be" I gave her a hug soon after. "Thanks so much for having us"

"Oh" she followed us outside. "It was a pleasure. Have fun!"

We waved at her and got in the car, hitting the road.

There weren't many cars so we could just speed down the road. And dance of course.

It was hot, sunny and a great day. I could physically see how sunburnt I was going to be. My best friend on the other hand, is going to get the nicest tan.

I took his shades off him. "Hey!"

"You'll have an uneven tan" I smiled.

"And you'll have an uneven sunburn" he laughed. "Is that, people?"

Down the stretch of road were two people, waving frantically at us. We gradually slowed down to them. It was a couple of boys- both brunettes.

"Guys, could you give us a lift into Vegas?" One of them leaned over.

"Sure, hop in" Ross nodded and they both quickly hopped inside the car before we continued down the road. By now, there was a little breeze and the good songs just kept on coming so it's all good.

"So" I turned around. "Names?"

"Ah" the guy who spoke first smiled. "I'm Matt, this is Josh. You two?"

"I'm Amelia and this is Ross" he was so in the zone he didn't even hear me. "He zones out easily I'm sorry"

"Are you two dating or something?" Josh asked.

"No, we're just best friends" I smiled. "Why does everyone think that?"

"Because we'd be cute together" Ross finally spoke and startled me in such a way I screamed. They all laughed at me.

"Hey, you don't have her then I'll step in, heh" Matt laughed.

"You tried" Ross winked at him and they fist bumped. I was grinning at their bromance when I saw it.

It was bright and bold like I pictured it to be. The Vegas sign. "Pass me my camera please?"

Josh quickly passed me my Polaroid camera and I snapped a photo of it. "This one is going straight into the album"

We drove mindlessly around the glitzy town for a while and I focused on catching sun rays whilst the boys just talked.

"Where should we drop you guys off?" Ross asked.

"The hostel just down the road" Matt said. "Where will you guys stay?"

"That is unknown right now" I looked around at all the well dressed people and lost tourists. It was like a whole different country here.

"Why don't you stay at the hostel we're staying- $19 a night" Josh winked. "We can all look around together?"

I turned to Ross and he turned to me. "We may as well"

The boys whooped loudly and for seconds everyone turned and looked at us which made me laugh even harder.

Making friends on the road - check.