Eighteen

"You have to be kidding me"

"No, I'm not now help me zip this freaking dress up" I turned around and she pulled the zip up my back. "Thank you, do I look okay?"

Harmony sighed. "Like usual, you look amazing but honestly, did Ross never tell you how insane Kenzie's parties are?"

"He didn't have to, I witnessed it first hand in Junior year" I shrugged. "Of course I was grounded forever but it was worth it"

"Don't go, you can join Riker and I for a pizza and movie night" she suggested as I slipped on my heels and a loose denim jacket. Following that I fixed my curls and sprayed my favourite perfume.

"I don't want to be a third wheel, I promise I'll be fine" I smiled and grabbed my clutch bag. "Come on"

There was nobody in the living room which made our exit smoother. I told my parents we would be leaving to Harmony's house today for a sleepover so it was all okay.

"Are you walking there?! Let me at least drive you" Harmony said. I silenced her and in the background you could hear raging music. "Never mind"

"I'll text you if anything, fusspot" I gave her a hug. "See you!"

"Bye!" She waved me away.

It was a very fast walk, only a couple of blocks until I heard the music, voices and an endless stream of cars overflowing the street. Yes I'm here.

I spotted Mike smoking outside. He smiled to me. "Glad you could make it"

"I suppose so" I looked inside at the crowd of people. "This looks insane"

"Possibly the best one yet" he stubbed his cigarette out. "Come on, little sis, I'll come get a drink with you so you don't get jumped by any drunk animal"

I laughed at his comment and followed him inside.

+++

One drink too many Amelia. Keep yourself up straight, dummy.

I was trapped between the wall and this guy who has been pestering me the whole night. He is possibly even more drunk than me.

"Come on babe" he gave me a lousy smile. "I'll go easy on you, since you're cute"

"Get out of the way please, and no" I moved his arm but he seized mine as I walked away and began to drag me up the stairs. "Let me go you asshole!"

"No babe, you'll be okay" he said and as he turned forward, he crashed into Brady who was coming down.

"What are you-"

"He won't let me go!" I shrieked as the guy pulled me further up. Brady ran back to us.

"Oi, leave her alone" he shouted above the music to the drunk guy.

"Or what?" He grinned but not for long because the punch he received afterwards was enough for him to fall.

"Or that" Brady cracked his knuckles. I was pressed to the wall, tears forming in my eyes. Now I know what they mean by alcohol making you more emotional. "You good?"

"I-I'll be fine, I just need to get out" I sighed. "I'll be okay"

"Text me when you get home" he smiled and I walked down the stairs hunting for Kenzie to tell her I was leaving.

I did find her, a guy's tongue deep down her throat. I scoffed and walked into the night air.

When I found a spot on the curb to sit at, I perched down, more sobs escaping me.

2:39am. They'll never be awake but it's worth the shot.

"Hello?" Riker's groggy tired voice echoed out of my phone.

"Hi, I'm sorry it's so late but I need someone to listen" I sighed. "I need help, just someone's help. I don't want someone to hold my hand and pull me out of this black hole because it just wouldn't work if I didn't try but I'm willing to do it. It's been 2 months and a load of empty promises but this time it's for real. I'm tired of losing myself along the way, literally I was going to be attacked by a guy if I wasn't lucky and my friend Brady hadn't had stopped him but that isn't the point. I'm a mess right now and this mess needs to be fixed before she ends up in a mental hospital or dead because it seems like that will be the way right now, but who will help me, RIKER? I'm too much of a burden for anyone to help anyways- I shouldn't have called, go back to sleep -"

"Hold up, HOLD UP" he said. "That was a mouthful. Anyway, you have me, Rydel, Rocky, Ellington, Ryland, Stormie, Mark, your family, and Harmony. A whole crowd of us is willing to help, just allow us to do it and we will because so far you have cut us out of your life when we just want to help you. Now, where are you?"

"You know Kenzie's house?"

"We'll be there in two minutes, just hold it together for me" he said. "Okay?"

"Okay" I sighed and hung up. I held my head in my hands and regulated my breathing.

In the dim lightnight of the street, I caught a glimpse of my most recent tattoo. You and Me.

I smiled down at the 3 simple words that have became my life motto. "God, how I miss you"

A hand landed on my shoulder and I flinched. But it was only Harmony who took me in a hug where I weeped on her shoulder. "It's okay"

"Sorry for the hassle" I whispered.

Riker smiled. "It's okay, now come on I'll carry you because I'm feeling nice"

Kindly, he carried me home bridal style and I can't recall much because I lost a fight against sleep.

1 chapter + epilogue to go