one.

SOPHIE O'NEIL sat at the usual lunch table with her fellow cheerleaders, waiting for the football team to arrive. While Sophie sat playing with her hair, the rest of her friends were deep into conversation about who would win in a fight between two of the lamest losers: Leo Dooley or Wesley McDonald.

She felt a sharp kick at her ankle and she looked down, a hiss escaping her lips. After checking on her leg she looked up to see the culprit and was greeted with the sight of Stephanie staring at her intensely. She soon realized that not only was Stephanie staring at her, but everyone else at the table was too.

"Hello," she smiled.

Stephanie rolled her eyes. "You're the tie-breaker, Sophie. Who would win? Leo-what's-his-name or Wimpy Wesley?"

"Leo?" She threw out a random name and the rest of the table definitely knew that as well, but it didn't matter since they at least decided who was the winner and who was the loser.

They launched into another discussion but were interrupted when a boy whom they've never seen before sat down in place of one of the football players' usual seats. He picked up two oranges and pressed them against his eyes, and the cheerleaders began giggling.

Though some of them were giggling for completely different reasons. Half the table was laughing about the boy's actions, while the other half was laughing about how the boy was going to be pudding'ed once Trent arrives.

As the boy whose name they now knew was Adam began chatting about the color orange, another boy plopped himself into Trent's seat, right next to Sophie.

"Do you like pudding?" Sophie asked curiously.

Stephanie snorted next to her and smiled fauxly at Adam. "I hope you do because when the football players get here you're getting a free cup."

Adam gasped excitedly and Sophie turned back to the boy next to her. "I've never seen you before..." she stated.

"Chase Davenport," he introduced himself with a smile. "I'm new, today's my first day."

She nodded and was about to ask Chase another question, but her attention was quickly turned to Leo Dooley who had joined the table with another girl, standing between Chase and herself.

"Oh hey guys, look these girls just told me when the football players get here I'm getting a free pudding cup!" Adam said excitedly.

Leo looked at her awkwardly, a nervous smile on his face. "Hi!" he greeted. Sophie waved enthusiastically before Stephanie pulled her hand down, giving her a pointed look. Leo murmured something to Chase before nodding at Sophie. "How's it going?"

Leo murmured another thing to Chase while the footballers began flooding through the cafeteria doors, chanting loudly as they made their way to the table she sat at. It wasn't long before they arrived, and Trent paused when he saw Leo Dooley standing in the way. He breathed in deeply close to his head and Leo backed away quickly, standing behind Sophie and Stephanie.

Trent slammed his hand onto the table and grabbed Chase's head with his other hand, turning it towards him. "Hey," he spoke loudly. "That's my seat. Get lost before I use you like a napkin," he stood up and looked to his fellow football players, grinning while they laughed.

The girl who Sophie presumed was Leo's friend put her hand onto Chase's shoulder. "Chase, we should probably go." She looked at Trent and smiled nervously, "he's not very absorbent."

Trent took Sophie's cup into his hands and opened the lid, acting disappointed when the water spilled onto the table. "That was my water..." Sophie whined. Stephanie pulled her seat towards her, knowing what was about to occur.

"Oh look, a spill!" he groaned before picking up Chase by his shirt. "I think I'm gonna wipe it with your face!"

Suddenly Chase escaped from Trent's hold and pressed the jock's head against the table. "Think again, bubble-neck. I'm gonna rip out your kneecaps and use them as hockey pucks," Chase growled, his voice noticeable deeper than it had been a few minutes ago. 

Adam leaped up from his chair in a hurry and stumbled his way to Leo and the girl. He said something to them and Chase threw Trent into the rest of the football players who were watching their captain with wide eyes.

"You have no idea who you're messing with." Trent smiled threateningly, as if he hadn't been used as a table wipe just a few seconds ago. "Okay? Pudding cups!" Two students placed their pudding cups into Trent's open hands and Chase grabbed them, saying "I'll take those."

Trent objected but it was too late, for Chase had already squeezed the cups, and chocolate pudding was now splattered all over their faces. "You're dead!" Trent yelled furiously, wiping away the chocolate pudding.

Chase roared in his face and the football players backed away quickly. "You- Okay, okay." Trent stuttered, backing away slowly with his finger pointed towards Chase. "You're lucky that we have to go to the reading center right now."

The cafeteria was quiet when the football players left, and Sophie looked to Stephanie for instructions on what to do. But the blonde didn't have any, instead, she had a look of pure disbelief on her face. Sophie couldn't blame her, though.

Someone had escaped the pudding cup for the first time.

Not only that, but Trent was the one who got pudding'ed.

The cafeteria erupted in applause and Chase nodded, pulling up his sleeves. He turned to his friends with a smirk."Take a seat, compadres. This is our table now." He sat down next to Sophie and propped his feet up onto the table. 

Sophie grabbed a sharpie from her backpack and held it out to Chase excitedly. "Can you sign my face?"

A/N: I'm going to give you a warning, Sophie is HEAVILY based off of Karen Smith from Mean Girls. If you don't like those kind of characters then I suggest you stop reading lololol

 Don't forget to comment, vote and/or share! Feedback is always appreciated :)