five.

"MISS O'NEIL, it has been brought to my attention that you have a failing grade in almost every one of your classes."

"But I thought F meant fantastic..."

Sophie sat in the vice principal's office, as she was instructed to come after the bell for lunch rang. She wondered briefly why she had to go to the vice principal instead of the principal, but then she remembered who the principal of Mission Creek High was...

Mr. Cochran shook his head. "It means fail, Sophie. Something has to be done about this or I'm afraid we're going to have to permit you from joining the cheer team next year."

Sophie paled. She couldn't be kicked off cheer, she would be nothing without her cheerleader uniform! Or at least, that's what Stephanie told her.

It seemed Mr. Cochran read her thoughts. "Not to worry Miss O'Neil, you won't be pulled from cheer this year. The school year is almost over and Principal Perry made it very clear to us that you only get pulled if we don't see improvement next year." Sophie didn't question that. Principal Perry made it no secret she favored the popular kids by openly giving them special treatment, it would be shocking if she didn't give them special treatment in private too.

Mr. Cochran continued, "however if you are willing I have a student who'd be more than happy to help you study. He's at the top of his grade, and I have no doubt he'll be a great help."

"Okay..." she mumbled. Mr. Cochran smiled. "I'll have him meet with you in the library at 3:00 on Friday. You can head back to lunch now."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

The next morning, progress reports were handed out and Sophie knew what was waiting for her on the small sheet of paper.

She looked at her grades sadly, noticing the two letters that came up the most: D and F. These grades were similar to her previous ones, the only thing that was different was her reaction. Sophie had assumed the +'s at the end of her D's were good things and the F's were as well, but now she knew that she was far from the truth

Luckily Sophie didn't have a failing grade in all her classes. She had an A+ in Home Economics, surprisingly.

"What's wrong, Sophie? You're not usually this affected by your failures.." Stephanie spoke beside her, peering at her grades. For once the rest of the cheerleaders weren't with them, only the two girls.

"Am I stupid?" She asked abruptly. She turned to Stephanie and asked honestly, "do you think I'm stupid?"

Stephanie blinked. "I mean, you don't have to ask me to get the answer to that. Look at your grades!" She giggled before patting her shoulder. "I have to go to class now, you should really stop the sulking before someone sees you."

The head cheerleader turned the opposite direction and Sophie frowned, making her way down the stairs. Though she did want an honest answer, she couldn't help but feel hurt at Stephanie's response. If her own friend thought she was stupid, what did everyone else think? Normally Sophie didn't feel too affected by others' thoughts about her as a person as she knew people only liked her because she was pretty, but was that really all she had going for her?

She paused mid step when she spotted Chase and his friends sitting at a bench.

Did Chase think she was stupid?

She shook her thoughts off. She shouldn't be too worried about what people thought of her. But she just wished there was a way to calm her thoughts, to prove to herself she was popular because people liked her and not because she had a nice face.

Sophie glanced at the wall beside her and did a double take when she noticed the "student of the semester" picture. She knew that since the semester was over, a new student of the semester would be needed...

It seemed her wishes were granted.

A/N: Another short chapter, I'm excited for the next one! Here's a hint, there's more Chase interaction ;) It's not short either, I promise lol

Don't forget to comment, vote and/or share! Feedback is always appreciated :)