three.

"SOPHIE! Are you even listening?"

"No, not really..."

Sophie and a few other cheerleaders stood talking by the stairs, occasionally laughing not-so-discreetly at random students' outfits as they passed by. Like always, Sophie eventually lost interest in what her friends were talking about and instead took to playing with strands of her blonde hair.

Jasmine, the third most popular girl at Mission Creek, crossed her arms. "We were talking about the dance." At this Sophie perked up. She loved to dance! "You're going with Isaac, right?" the brunette asked.

"No!" Sophie shook her head with a look of disgust on her face. "Isaac's gross."

"What about Michael?" Krystal, one of the few cheerleaders she was actually close to, suggested. Sophie paused for a moment to think before shaking her head. Stephanie glared at her. "Stop being so picky. You'll never get a good date like this."

"What if I don't want a date?" Sophie asked. The cheerleaders all gasped as if she had said the most repulsive thing ever.

"Don't be ridiculous Sophie. You have to have a date," Stephanie said lowly. Jasmine piped in. "Yeah... You can't just show up alone, that's embarrassing. Not only for you, but for us too!" Another cheerleader whose name Sophie had already forgotten looked at her with disapproving eyes. "Don't be selfish-"

Stephanie glared at the cheerleader. "Shut up, Heather. You have no place in this. We talk, you listen." Heather nodded nervously and Stephanie turned to Sophie with a slightly softer glare.

"You're the second most popular girl at this school, Sophie. If you don't show up with a date people are gonna think nobody asked you and they'll doubt the legitimacy in our system. I'm the most popular girl here - I can't have people doubting my popularity!" She looked at her intensely while she said all this, making sure she understood clearly. "You have to go with someone from the football team."

Sophie's mood deflated drastically at these words and suddenly dancing didn't sound as fun as it had minutes ago. "What if everybody already has a date?"

Jasmine looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "Nobody's going to have a date because nobody knows yet. If you didn't frolic in dreamland so much you would know that Krystal's boyfriend always lets her know about everything ahead of time."

Sophie turned to Krystal. "Are you going with your boyfriend?" The girl nodded her head and Sophie turned back but Stephanie spoke up, already sensing what she was about to say. "Krystal can go with her boyfriend because her status isn't as important as ours. Just listen to us, Soph. We know what's best for you. You're going with Isaac and that's final."

Before she could object the bell rung and the girls left quickly, leaving her standing alone. She frowned and turned the opposite direction to start heading to her class but jumped back when she was greeted with the sight of Bree who was only a few inches away from her face.

"Hi, BFF!" Bree greeted excitedly and Sophie rushed past her sadly, remembering the conversation she had with Stephanie. Sophie thought she'd lost her but within a blink of an eye, Bree was standing next to her again. "My class is this way too!" Bree said with a smile. Sophie frowned and kept her gaze straight, ignoring the looks she got when people noticed Bree walking with her. "So, have any boys caught your eye-"

"I can't hang out with you, Stephanie said so." Sophie said with a small frown. Bree's quick walking pace faltered next to her as she registered her words. "What?"

Sophie noticed more people began looking at them and grabbed Bree's hand, dragging her to the girls' bathroom nearby. "Stephanie says I can't be seen with you. I'm sorry Bree." Bree crossed her arms with a confused expression. "Why does Stephanie get to decide who you're friends with?"

Sophie blinked. She hadn't expected that question.

Luckily, Sophie already had an explanation that Stephanie had practically drilled into her mind the day she joined the cheer team. "Stephanie's the leader here. She talks, we listen. She knows what's best for me."

Bree scoffed. "So you can't be friends with me just because Stephanie says you can't?"

"Pretty much, yeah..." Sophie nodded. She felt guilty upon seeing Bree's crestfallen face and thought for a moment before suggesting, "hey I have an idea! Why don't you join the cheer team? You said you wanted to join, right?"

Bree looked at her doubtfully. "Yeah..."

Sophie smiled brightly. "You can totally try out! Once you get on the team we can hang out in front of everyone! Not only that but you can totally prove to Stephanie you're not a loser."

Bree paused. "Stephanie thinks I'm a loser?"

Sophie nodded nonchalantly. "Yeah, but she thinks everyone who isn't her are losers."

The brunette raised a brow before sighing. "I don't think I'll even get on the team. I've never cheered before in my life." 

Sophie tilted her head. "That's no biggie, I can help you."

Bree looked at her doubtfully. "Really? You'd do that for me?" 

She nodded happily. "Why not? You're my friend Bree, and usually I have no problem dropping friends because Stephanie told me to but for some reason I don't want to drop you."

Bree smiled warily at her bluntness before she grabbed her hand and walked over to the door. "Come on, let's go to class."

A/N: This was very Bree/Cheerleader centered, haha. We'll be getting more interactions with Chase and the rest of the fam soon.

I don't really like the message this chapter sort of sent out, so I just want to be clear: don't change yourself for anyone!! And I don't think all cheerleaders act like this by the way, but they're portrayed like this in Lab Rats and this is a fanfiction so I'm writing them like they're portrayed. Everything in general is going to be exaggerated because this is Disney and I'm also a sucker for cliches.

Don't forget to comment, vote and/or share! Feedback is always appreciated :)