four.

THE FOLLOWING WEEK the dance was announced, and soon enough there were posters about the event everywhere.

As expected, a handful of people had asked Sophie if she wanted to go with them, and she had no choice but to reject. Of course, she would still be rejecting people if she did have the choice - she didn't want to go with anyone in the first place.

It was decided that Sophie was to go with Isaac, Jasmine with her boyfriend Jason, and Stephanie with Michael. If the most popular boy at Mission Creek wasn't Trent then Stephanie would have gone with them, but seeing as Trent was held back a couple of years and it would be gross for someone over the age of 18 and a minor to go to a dance together romantically, Stephanie had to settle for second-best: Michael Thorton.

The day of the dance had arrived quickly and Michael had a cold so he had to stay home. Stephanie wasn't going to show up alone so she told Jasmine to tell anyone who asked she was sick and couldn't show up. Sophie was delighted at the news as she wouldn't have Stephanie's eyes watching her all night, but she still had to worry about Jasmine. The brunette was like Stephanie's pet, and she would report anything and everything to the girl in hopes to get on her good side.

Sophie walked into the gym holding Isaac's arm, Jasmine and her date trailing behind closely.

"Well this is lame," Jasmine scoffed, eyes scanning the room. It wasn't necessarily the decorations that were lame, more so the people. Music was blasting but the students' dancing was nothing but awkward. "Come on Jason, let's go laugh at Martha and her dress" the brunette tugged on her boyfriend's arm excitedly, turning to Isaac and Sophie before she left. "Don't just stand there, go do something."

Isaac nodded and turned to Sophie. "Shall we?" He asked, gesturing towards the dance floor. Sophie smiled weakly and walked to one of the open spaces, not bothering to look back to see if he followed. Isaac stepped in front of her and began stepping from side to side, his eyes definitely not meeting her own.

The blonde sighed before deciding to break the silence. "If you could be anything in the world, what would you be? I think I'd be a clam."

"What?"

"Open the fridge!"

Sophie's attention left from Isaac's to the source of the loud voice. She turned away and saw Chase with another blonde girl, making a weird movement with his hands.

"Grab the eggs! Open the mayo. Spread the mayo!"

Soon Sophie wasn't the only one watching Chase do his dance, and everybody had stopped what they were doing to stare at the boy and his date. The latter looked just as weirded out as everyone else.

However, not everyone was weirded out by the dance. Sophie thought it was unique, and Chase sure did look like he was having fun. The opposite of what she was feeling at the moment.

"All over your face! I want a pickle, fishin' for a pickle!"

The weirded out expressions soon turned into grinning ones, and the students of Mission Creek began laughing at the boy who was only embarrassing himself. "Look at him," Isaac cackled. "Where's Mr. tough guy now?!"

Sophie frowned. Chase was only a disguise for super identity Spike, and he was only acting like a loser to keep his identity secret. Sophie figured this out herself of course, it was obvious and she wasn't as dumb as everybody thought she was.

She wanted to tell Isaac badly in order to shut him up but she remembered the promise she made to Chase. She couldn't just spill his secret, especially after he embarrassed himself just so people wouldn't know.

"Now, grab that pickle and swing! Now, grab that pickle and swing!" He jumped around wildly while swinging his and his date's arm around, clearly not noticing the crowd of people laughing at him.

"Stop! What are you doing?!" His date screamed out in horror and embarrassment as the laughter grew louder.

"I'm swinging an invisible pickle!" Chase yelled enthusiastically before looking around and realizing the crowd that had formed around the two. His grin fell and he adjusted his tie uncomfortably, placing his hands on his hips as he realized something. "Oh."

Spike is one good actor, Sophie thought. She was beginning to feel bad for him but then she remembered it was all an act and he wanted this to happen.

"That was the worst thing I have ever seen," Adam said with a laugh, looking down at his brother. "But it also brought me the most joy I've ever known!" He turned to his brother's date with a charming smile and opened his hands for her to take. "Now, how 'bout I show you how a real hero dances?"

Adam and the girl began dancing together, and it was quite nice. Well, it was until Adam lifted her up and launched her into the air. Instead of coming down immediately, Adam's dance partner soared up like a rocket, tangling herself in all the streamers and balloons before falling back down into Adam's arms.

Sophie gasped. Not only was Chase a superhero, but Adam was too!

"Put me down!" The girl yelped, putting distance between herself and Adam once he set her down. He grinned. "Bet Chase can't toss you around like a ragdoll," he boasted. "Get away from me!" She stormed off and Adam chased after her. "Oh, come on! I haven't even swung you around by your feet yet!"

Suddenly, the music stopped and the backdoor of the gym opened, the fog clearing to reveal Leo Dooley.

A/N: This episode is a 3-parter! I didn't want this part to be too long so I had to cut it up.

Don't forget to comment, vote and/or share! Feedback is always appreciated :)