ten.

THE SLEEPOVER was going well. They sent pictures to the girls they didn't invite and Stephanie chose which clothes she would be "borrowing" from Bree. The typical cheerleader sleepover. If things keep going this way, Bree'll be on the team in no time! Sophie thought happily.

At the moment the girls were lounging on the sofa, thinking of ways to cure their boredom.

"Let's play a board game!" Bree suggested excitedly.

"That would be appropriate 'cause I'm bored." Stephanie rolled her eyes before standing up. "I have a better idea. Let's rate each other on a scale of one to ten. I'm a ten. Who's next?"

"Me!" Sophie stood up but Tasha put her hand on her shoulder, gently pushing her back down to the couch. "Okay, I think we've damaged enough self-esteem for one night. Why don't we tell a scary story?" The older woman sang as she joined the girls on the sofa.

Stephanie giggled. "If you wanna hear a scary story, ask Caitlin about her sweet 16."

"You weren't even there," Caitlin pointed out.

"I sent my people," Stephanie said obviously. Caitlin looked at Sophie and Jasmine, already knowing they were the two who spilled the beans. Jasmine looked back at her with attitude, not hiding her dislike for the girl, while Sophie smiled awkwardly.

Tasha tugged on Stephanie's sleeve with a stern face. "Sit. Many years ago, in this very spot, a group of pioneer girls.. with one very mean one... were being chased by a demon. And when he finally caught them by their long, blonde hair... he ground their bones into dust! And made clothes out of their livers!"

The door creaked open and Sophie scooted back. She was blonde and her hair was pretty long... what if the demon was after her?

"What was that?!" Caitlin clutched the pillow worriedly and Bree sighed. "That was the sound of my stupid brothers trying to ruin my life."

As if they were summoned, Chase and Adam popped up from behind the couch and spoke in sync. "Wasn't us!"

"We were busy unloading our ant farm into your sleeping bags," Chase laughed but the girls stared at him with weirded-out expressions. "I thought it was funny."

The lights went out and Stephanie gasped. "It's worse than I thought! They didn't pay their electric bill!"

Suddenly the tv turned on and a firey skull appeared on the screen. 

"It's the liver demon! Hide your livers!" Caitlin screamed.

The girls began screaming and Sophie wrapped her arms around Bree. "Bree, you and your brothers are superheroes, can't you guys do something?" She pleaded.

Bree's scared expression fell and was replaced with a stunned look. "Superheroes?"

Sophie nodded obviously. "It's clear! Adam has to have super strength, and-"

Bree's eyes widened and she covered the blonde's mouth, looking around to see if anyone was listening in. "No! Why would you think that?! There isn't anything special about us, we're just normal teens with hormones and stuff...!" She laughed awkwardly, both the girls immune to the screaming going on around them.

Sophie shook her head. "But didn't you see how Adam threw that girl at the dance? He and Chase have to have super strength or something-"

Bree laughed, a genuine one this time. "Trust me, Chase does not have super strength-"

Their conversation was interrupted when Adam let out a loud scream, bringing them back to reality. The skull was still on fire, now laughing evily.

"Guys, I'm scared! Let's get out of here!" Caitlin cried.

Stephanie glared at Caitlin. "No one cares if you're scared. I'm scared. That's why we're leaving!"

The girls, with the exception of Sophie, Bree, and another cheerleader, began heading towards the door. Sophie looked at the girls helplessly. Things were going so well then this had to happen!

Bree stood up and called after the girls desperately. "Wait! Don't go! Who's up for a loogie contest?!" She started to hock up phlegm and the girls and Adam turned back to the door, only for the door to close.

The skull laughed, now on a tablet installed in the wall. "You're not going anywhere! This slumber party's just begun! Can I get a what, what?"

Everyone began screaming and Sophie stayed at the couch as the skull would only follow her if she tried leaving. She stared at Chase, who was watching everyone run around.

"Did you plan this?" She asked.

He shook his head and Sophie felt her heart drop. Chase saw this and smiled, "don't worry about it, it's just a glitch and I'm sure I can fix it."

He saw Adam rushing towards the hallway and stood. "I'll need Adam's help though, so excuse me..." He excused himself and pushed Adam back to the living room when he tried running away with the girls.

Tasha left to go speak with the two and Sophie smiled. 

It seemed Chase was about to save the day...

Typical superhero.

A/N: Hey hey! Happy early Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates it! I'm thankful for all of you wonderful people reading :)

Side note, I honestly didn't plan on the "superhero" thing to be such a recurring thing. I'm honestly thinking of changing the title to something like "superhero" LMFAO (not a big deal but thoughts?) I might not though as I would need to change the cover and I'm lazy lolol

Don't forget to comment, vote and/or share! Feedback is always appreciated :)