twenty-two.

SOPHIE WAS UPSET

It was three in the morning and her new neighbor was racing his car up and down the street, just like he had been for the past few nights in a row. It was aggravating, and she needed her beauty sleep!

The girl stopped her pacing in the halls to stomp down her stairs angrily, whipping her phone out to text Bree.

Ever since they had found out they lived with just a mere two blocks separating their homes, the two came to an unspoken agreement that whenever there was confusion in the neighborhood they'd go to each other. 

Recently their messages had been all about the new neighbors. They were terrible! Not only were they doing damage to everyone's sleep, but also their yards - and Sophie will never forgive them for running over her baby rosebush.

The girl was broken out of her thoughts by another rev of the neighbor's stupid engine and she had enough. If she had to suffer, she didn't want to suffer alone.

She stormed out of her house and marched grumpily all the way to Bree's house, ignoring the cold and the occasional bright light that would hit her figure as the neighbor's car zoomed by. When she reached the Davenport house, she all but pounded on the door and waited for whichever figure that was standing by the door to answer.

Soon enough the door opened to reveal Leo, sporting a tired-turned-confused expression. "Sophie?"

"I'm in a rage!" She exclaimed with wide eyes, strutting in as soon as Leo opened the door wider.

Gathered by the stairs were Adam, Bree and Chase, all looking just as annoyed at the car's noise.

At Sophie's entrance Bree immediately raced toward her, exhaustion written all over her face. "This new neighbor has got to go!" She said, bringing the blonde into a half-hug.

Leo shook his head and glared at the front door. "He clearly has no respect for my beauty sleep. It takes at least eight hours to look this good. Ten, if you want that Leo glow."

He hovered his hands under his face like a cherub angel and Sophie silently took note.

Steps were heard coming down the stairs and Donald Davenport appeared, clad in cheetah print pajamas. "I cannot believe I have to wake up to this," the man sighed, jumping off the last step.

"I can't believe I have to wake up to that!" Leo shot back, eyeing the pajamas.

"This is Italian silk, a cheetah wishes he looked this good," Davenport shrugged.

Bree narrowed her eyes. "A cheetah would have the decency to cover that up with a robe."

The family banter was interrupted by the sound of the neighbor's car passing and Davenport had enough. He opened the front door with a scoff, the car's lights almost making it seem daytime. 

"Hey, pierce! Get your car off my lawn!" He shouted and pulled a remote from his pocket, pressing the buttons aggressively. "Let's see how he likes my new high-pressured sprinkler system..."

Davenport stepped out onto his porch to watch the chaos unfold and laughed evilly. "Ha! He's stuck in the mud!"

Sophie gasped and she went to follow before Bree held her back, muttering a small "wait for it".

Before she could ask what she was supposed to be waiting for, the mud the car was previously stuck in sprayed onto the porch, drenching Mr. Davenport in dark sludge.

"Not anymore," Leo said plainly before walking back to his room.

Bree didn't bother hiding her smile as she closed the door and faced Sophie. "Hey since you're already here do you wanna spend the night? The porch is all muddy now and I'd hate for your bunny slippers to get all dirty."