fifteen.

SOPHIE AND MARCUS finally had arrived at the Davenport home. Now they just had to ring the bell.

Marcus looked at Sophie, waiting for her to step up. She glanced at him, still wary of his presence, before pressing on the doorbell.

After Sophie had asked Marcus about how he knew where she lived, he explained that she just "seemed like the type of person" to live where she did. She didn't really understand what he meant by that but then again she didn't understand a lot of things so she let it go, still keeping him on her radar.

The two waited for a moment, hearing muffled voices on the other side of the door.

The door swung open and Marcus didn't hesitate before walking in. "Sophie, Marcus. What a surprise, we were just talking about you two," Chase said with an amused expression.

Chase opened the door a little wider and Sophie followed Marcus in, spotting the Davenports and Leo on the couch.

Marcus threw his belongings onto the floor as Leo jumped off the couch to stand in front of him. He smiled fakely, "Yeah, let me catch you up to speed. You're two-faced and no one likes you. Goodbye." He then pointed to the door and Sophie smiled awkwardly, not knowing if he was addressing her as well.

"Sophie!" Bree rose from the couch and made her way to the cheerleader, taking her bags from her arms and enveloping her into a hug. She let go however when she realized the weight of her bags. "What's in here?" She asked with wide eyes before letting everything to the floor.

Sophie smiled bashfully. "My pet rocks... I didn't wanna leave them at my house. That would be animal neglect."

Bree blinked. "Okay..." she trailed off. "So, I was thinking-"

A beeping noise coming from Mr. Davenport's watch interrupted the two, and Bree looked at the man with an alarmed look on her face.

"What is that?" Marcus asked curiously, leaning over Mr. Davenport's shoulder to look at the watch.

"Uh, that? That means it's, uh—it's happy time. How about you stay here and be happy, and we'll be happy over there- Hey, where are you going?" He looked at Sophie, who had grabbed her bag and was beginning to run to the bathroom.

"I'm changing into my happy time clothes!"

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"Come on Marco, turn that frown upside down! It's happy time!"

"First of all, it's Marcus. I don't know how many times I have to keep telling you that," Marcus sighed into his hands. "Second, I'm bored. Adam, Bree, and Chase completely abandoned us and I wanna explore..."

Sophie frowned. Explore? What more was there to explore? Aside from the fact that they were superheroes, it wasn't like they were hiding anything.

The girl's thoughts were interrupted when she noticed Marcus standing up from the couch. He looked at her with an inquisitory look. "I'm going. You're welcome to come with me if you want..."

When he saw that she hadn't moved from her position on the couch, he pushed further. "Who knows, we might find something." Nothing. He sighed before reluctantly murmuring, "We might even find a Batmobile."

Sophie didn't need any more convincing after that.

While Leo was talking to Mr. Davenport, Sophie and Marcus managed to sneak away to the elevator. Marcus lead the way the entire time, making zero mistakes and not hesitating once. If she didn't know any better she would have thought he'd done this before.

After a rough drop in the elevator, the doors opened and with it, Sophie's jaw dropped.

The room was big, with screens lining up all over the walls. In the middle of the room was a clean black island table and three grey swivel chairs to go with it. There were three large tubes at the end of the room. Everything looked so professional, with lots of electronics scattered around the room. The only thing that broke the professional-ness was the rock-climbing wall at the end of the room.

They really did have a batcave!

"Wow," Marcus breathed out. "I can't believe they've been hiding all this from us..."

"I figured it out a long time ago," Sophie said excitedly. "They kept denying it but I was right! See? I'm not as dumb as people think." The girl moved around the room, marveling at the futuristic feel of it all. It was moments later when she noticed Marcus fell quiet and she looked back at him to make sure he was still there.

Marcus caught her eyes and raised a brow. "Aren't you mad?"

She tilted her head with a confused smile. "Mad at what? I was right all along, of course I'm not mad at that," her smile dropped when he said nothing. "Why? Are you mad?"

"No, I'm not mad, but if I were in your shoes I would be..." he noticed her bewildered look and went on to explain himself. "I don't know, I mean... they completely lied to you. They said you were wrong knowing you were right. They made you look stupid. Made you feel stu-"

"-Listen, Micah, or whatever your name is," Sophie cut him off with narrowed eyes. "I think I know how I feel better than you do. Adam, Bree, Chase and Leo are nice people and they were only lying 'cause they had to..." She didn't like what he was trying to imply, not one bit.

He raised his hands defensively, realizing he was venturing into dangerous territory. "Okay, okay, I was just saying how I would feel, we feel differently, got it..."

An awkward silence fell between the two, which gave Sophie time to think about what he had said and how she had responded.

"Sorry," she said quietly, feeling semi-embarrassed. "I didn't mean to be rude."

"You're fine," he waved her off with a smile. "Let's do something while we're here. Wanna play hide and seek?"

A/N: First chapter of 2022 too!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Don't be afraid to let me know what you wanna see less/more of or some ideas you have.

Don't forget to comment, vote, and/or share! Feedback is always appreciated :)