Chapter 6 - Care

After the cleaning was done, they both walked out the gym and Y/n locked the gym door. They were both walking home till they reached the junction of the road where they need to part ways.

"I'll see you tomorrow then." Y/n smiled and waved at him but he walked towards her.

"Let me drop you home."

"It's okay-"

"It's really late at night. Let me drop you home." He insisted.

She smiled and nodded, walking ahead to lead him, but he kept up the pace and walked beside her instead.

The rest of the walk home had been rather quiet and he watched as she entered home and waved at him last time before closing the door.

"Good night, see you."

"A-ah... Good night." He waved with his usual stern expression, before turning around and walking home.

He put his hands in his pockets, smiling a little as he feel that he now knows her better, and feels that he knows her true self.

The next day at school, Kageyama bought some meat bun and a milk pack on his way to school, and went over to the gym first for the morning practice. Y/n has been keeping an eye on everyone's custom morning warm-up like she explained the previous evening and everyone has been doing exactly that.

Y/n spots Kageyama entering and motioned for him to do his morning laps. He nods and places his stuff on the side before running his laps. By the end of the warm-up, everyone was a little bit sweaty but were allowed to play practice matches among themselves till the bell rang.

Kiyoko and Y/n stood beside each other and took notes of the boys progress if any.

After the bell has rung, they were all dismissed and were on their way to their class. Both Kageyama and Y/n were on their way to the classroom, and Kageyama told Y/n to go on ahead since he was headed to the restroom.

After he was done, he went over to the sink to wash his hands, when he overheard a couple of guys talking about setting up an act to have one of them ask the 'player girl' out so they can end up taking advantage and try to lure her to sleep with him.

Kageyama glared at them and clenched his fist before looking away and walking out in anger instead.

When he entered the class, he went to his seat and angrily slams his bag on the floor.

Y/n looks at him and raised her eyebrow, looking at how his expression suddenly changed from the last time she saw him.

"Y/n.." He called her while looking ahead. "If anyone comes over to ask you out, tell them you already have a boyfriend."

"Huh? What's the deal?" She asked.

"Just do as I say!" He glared at her, taking her by surprise, eventually softening up his expression. "That's better than actually agreeing to them if you don't wanna say no, don't you think?"

"Y-yeah..." She looks at him and nods.

He looks ahead and rests his head on his hand. "I don't think anyone would push you any further if they know you're taken, so the 'identity' of the fake boyfriend is not needed. But if that does happen, we'll see what can be done then." 

She nods and looks at him. "Understood."

Y/n looked ahead and started taking notes when Kageyama took out the meat bun and the milk pack from his bag and handed it out to her.

"What's this for?" She asked.

"For the money you gave me yesterday. I told you I'll pay back, didn't I?"

"Doesn't this cost much more than a yogurt?" She looks at the meat bun and asks.

"Who cares?" He crossed his arms and looks away. "Just take it." He huffed.

During the lunch break later, Y/n was running an errand for putting up the notices in the bulletin board around the school, and let's Kageyama know before he rushed out of the class to go to the gym.

"Can you tell Kiyoko-san that I won't be joining today?" she asked.

"What?" Kageyama looks at her.

"I actually got some errands to run so I won't be able to make it." she smiled.

"Alright." Kageyama nods and took off.

Y/n had a couple of notices in her hands and she went from one bulletin board to another, setting up the notices in the noisy and crowded hallway.

"Alright, last two left.." she smiled to herself, realizing she may still have time after all and she could make it to the gym.

She was walking towards the next bulletin board, when she bumped into a seemingly elderly student, probably in his second year, and dropped the notices.

"I'm sorry." She quickly said and crouched to grab the notices as the guy just stood and watched her, his group of friends huddling behind him to get a look at her.

"I'm Issei, class 2-1." He introduced himself, while Y/n looked at him. "I wanted to ask you out." He smiled.

Y/n widened her eyes and parted her lips to speak when she remembered what Kageyama told her earlier.

"Uh, I'm sorry.." She smiled. "I actually- have a boyfriend." 

Issei didn't like what he head and raised his eyebrow, while his friend stepped forward. "It's a bluff! You expect us to believe that?"

"N-no, really, I really have a boyfriend." She slowly steps back.

Issei smirks and scoffs. "Who will date you when they know what you're all about? You should be lucky enough to have me ask you out." He steps forward and walks towards her. "You must be a good girl if you want to be treated like a Princess." He proceeded to cup her cheek with his hand, only to have it slapped away by her.