Chapter 19 - Embrace

"By the way, why haven't you texted me since yesterday?" He asked while placing the pan on the stove.

"Oh, my phone's broken." She looked away and scratched her cheek. "It slipped of my hand and fell down the stairs..."

He sighed and shook his head as he began to cook.

"And..? How are you planning to help me?" He glanced at her. "You told me you didn't know how to cook."

She looks at him and blinked before smiling awkwardly.

"Uh-yeah, i just didn't want to be left alone in the room."

He then walked towards her and stood in front of her with a serious look on his face, raising his right hand and moves it towards her.

Y/n thought that he was going to do the kabedon and blushed, but he was reaching for the overhead drawer for behind her, opening it and getting the salt then going back to his cooking like it was nothing.

"So, then, how are you going to text or call if you got no phone?" He asks.

"Guess i need to wait till I get a new one, or maybe have my old one repaired." She sighed and looked down.

They were not talking after that anymore since he focused on cooking while she just looked at him as he cooked.

"Now i know why all my friends prefers guys who cook.." she mumbled as she looked at him.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"It feels good when a guy cooks for you. It's also appealing when they do cook." She swings her feet and hums.

He looked at her. "D-do you find me appealing?"

She looks at him and nodded. "I do."

They both stared at each other for a while before he  continued cooking.

After a while, he was done and plated the meal.

"Let me go set these up first, then I'll come get you." He told holding the plate and she nodded.

He went upstairs then came back  quickly.

"Let's go." He told as he carried her in a bridal style again.

They both sat beside each other by the small table in his room, cross legged. Kageyama reached out for the soup but she stopped him.

"Why don't you start eating first..? While my soup cool down?" She asked.

"I'm not having anything before you." He held the bowl of soup and stirred the soup, trying to cool it.

"I can eat by myself, you know." She giggled.

He nodded and put the bowl in front of her.

He then just stared at her while she blows over the soup with her mouth.

She then looks at him,who was looking at her.

"Why don't you start eating?" She asks.

"I told you, I wont unless you do." He crossed his arms.

"You've been looking after me for long time. You don't have to wait for me to eat." She insisted.

He frowned and held the spoon in the bowl and scooped the soup with it, then moving the spoon towards her mouth.

"Stop being stubborn. You need to take care of yourself too. You haven't eaten anything since the lunch break at school." She held his hand and stopped him.

They both were pushing the spoon towards one another until the hot soup spilled over Kageyama's arm.

He hissed in pain and dropped the spoon, while Y/n looks at him in concerned, quickly wiping the soup away.

"I-I'm sorry...Let me go get some ice." Y/n tried to stand up but was held by Kageyama.

"Just stay, you idiot!" He told and looked at her with a frown. "You never listen, Do you?!" He raised his voice at her. "You're being such a pain right now..."

Y/n widened her eyes and then sadly looks down as Kageyama stands up and walks downstairs to get some ice.

He opens the freezer and pulls out the ice mold, taking an ice from it as he stands by the sink and placed the ice over the lightly burnt area.

"What's the ice for..? It's not even burnt." He huffed and talked to himself, but decided to hold it anyway since it provided him a little comfort.

After a while, he came back upstairs and looks at her as he walked towards her and sits beside her.

"You haven't eaten yet." He told, while she was still looking down.

"I lost my appetite." She mumbled. "I'm not hungry anymore ."

"Why not?" He tilts her head.

"I wanna go home." She began to tear up.

"Y-yeah, isn't it better if you eat something before you go?" He looks at the table. "They're going cold."

She stood up weakly and looked away while letting tears fall down her cheeks.

Kageyama stood up as he made her face him, widening his eyes when he saw her crying.

"Wh-why are you crying??" He asked, a little surprised.

She kept quiet while looking away.

"Y/n.." he pulled her chin up. "Talk to me, what's wrong?"

"I'm such a pain! That's what's wrong!" She snapped while looking at him.

Kageyama went silent when he realized what he told her earlier.

"Y-Y/n... I.." Kageyama looks at her.

She wiped her tears and looks down.

"I'm going home." She sniffed as she looked to see where her bag was.

She walked her way to get her bag, struggling to walk with her numb body.

"Y/n, listen to me..."

She finally held her bag when she felt two arms wrapped around her from behind.

"Y/n, I'm sorry." He whispered.

She teared up, dropping her back and knelt down as her knees felt weak, while he kept holding on her.

"I'm sorry.... I'm sorry... I'm sorry.." Kageyama repeated while holding her.

She looks at him to see him tearing up, wiping his tears with her fingers while she weakly smiled at him.

He pulled her into his embrace, pushing her head to his chest while he hugged her tight.