Chapter 23 - Hot spring

Kageyama and Y/n were on their way to school the next day and he held her hand as they were about to enter the hallway.

"Y/n.." He muttered. "You trust me, right?"

She looks at him. "I do." She nodded. "Why'd you suddenly ask me that?"

Kageyama didn't answer her question as they made their way to their class.

Upon entering the class, he looks at Mei, who spotted them entering the class and frowned at him.

Kageyama then pulled Y/n in front of him, holding her by the waist with one hand while pulling her chin up with the other, then clsoed his eyes while he suddenly locking his lips with hers while Y/n widened her eyes in surprise.

Kageyama held that position but then opened his eyes to look at Mei, who was glaring at him.

Y/n felt her knees go weak from being overwhelmed and lost the strength to stand, breaking the kiss for a fraction of second before Kageyama held her tighter by the waist to keep the position before hitting her lips with his again.

He then pulled away and walked towards her while holding Y/n's hand while everyone in the class now looked at them.

"I hope this made you believe that I'm not someone who just plays around." He smirked at Mei before walking to his seat.

Everything happened so fast, that Y/n wasn't able to catch up with what was happening, and realizing that she was blushing even minutes after they sat on their seat.

She looks over at Kageyama who was currently looking elsewhere.

She couldn't help but blush everything she thought about it and that was something that distracted her during classes.

Kageyama noticed her spacing out in between classes but didn't think much of it, deciding to ask her on their way to gym during the lunch break.

During the lunch break, Kageyama went and stood beside Y/n, who just stood up to stretch her arm.

"Let's go." He says and holds her hand, leading her out of the class.

"What's up with you today?" He asked as he intertwined their fingers, walking towards the gym.

She profusely blushed remembering what happened. He then stopped walking and looked down at her.

She was looking down while her cheeks heated up, when he called out to her again.

"Y/n!"

She looks at him and he notices her pink flushed cheeks and smiled.

"What are you blushing for?"

"N-no, it's just that.." she looks away. "The kiss.." she mumbled..

He giggled and then looked st her. "Did I get you surprised?"

She nodded while he placed his hand on his waist and grinned. "You did too, that day, front of Oikawa-san..."

She then looks at him. "That was a peck." She shakes her head. "This one was longer..." She then looks away. "I also felt a little bit of tongue for a second."

He blushed hard and scratched thr back of his head.
' Didn't think she'd notice." He thought before shaking his head.

"That j-j-just happened b-b-because I had to hold you when you fell." He looked away.

"I see..." She looks down and nodded.

He looked at her from the corner of his eyes.

'This is bad...I might really not be able to stop myself anymore...'

He thought as he looked at her lips and gulped.

"Let's get going." She smiled at him and held his hand, running towards the gym and sliding the door open.

The boys then stood in a line as Y/n walked over to them one by one, keeping their routine in check.

The days went by and the boys kept practicing harder and harder by each passing day as the day they will be playing against Nekoma drew nearer.

It was finally one day before the practice match and Y/n avoided them from practising for the day to rest up their body and to have them prepared for the practice match.

It was after school and everyone has gathered in the gym since they were asked to be there by Y/n.

Y/n then entered with Kiyoko and looked at the boys.

"Y/n-chan!!! Why'd you gather us here of we're not going to practice??" Tanaka groaned.

"Coming in here does makes us wanna practice." Daichi nodded.

"Hey, Y/n, is it okay if we play a little bit?" Hinata asked with a big smile.

"SHUSH!!!" Y/n raised her voice and got their attention.

"I callee you here for something else. When i told you all that you're not practicing today, i meant it." She crossed her arms.

"Then, why'd you call us here?" Tsukishima raised his eyebrow.

"I wanted to treat you all to a hot spring to relax yourselves." She smiled.

Everyone seemed to like the idea as they smiled widely and nodded in excitement.

"Let's go then." She smiled.

Upon reaching the hot spring they l went to their separate gender changing rooms and then went for a dip.

"Ahhh...this feels good...." Y/n told as she let herself sink in the steamy water.

"It's nice to have something like this once in a while." Kiyoko smiled while doing the same.

The girls could hear a commotion in the boys side of the hot spring and looked at each other before they giggled.

On the other side, Nishinoya and Tanaka wee playing around, while everyone else are in the hot spring.

After a while, Tanaka poked Kageyama's shoulder to get his attention.

"Do you wanna peek at the girls' side?" He whispered to Kageyama after he looks at him.

Kageyama got flustered and splashed the water, standing up and looking at him.

"W-we can't do that!!" He told with a frown.

"Come on, it's what we men always do." Tanaka smirked. "Right, Nishinoya?"

"Yes!!" He nodded and showed a thumbs up.

"What are you three thinking to do??" Daichi overhead the conversation and glared at them with a smile.

Tanaka looks at Kageyama with a grin before turning around.

"If you don't wanna look at them then we will!!" Tanaka and Nishinoya told in a sync before running away, only to be choked by Kageyama as they held them both with his arms around their neck.

"Stop it!! I'm not going to let you look!!" Kageyama raised his voice.

Y/n and Kiyoko looked at each other, hearing that the boys were  being noisy again but weren't able to hear what it was about.

"They're as energetic as ever." Y/n sighed and smiled.