Chapter 24 - Confess

"Lay your eyes on Kiyoko-san if you want, but not on Y/n!!" Kageyama held them.

"It can't be helped if we see Y/n, they're together in the same place." Tanaka taps on Kageyama's arm to gesture him to let go.

"Then why don't you join us?" Nishinoya groaned.

"NEVER!!" Kageyama blushed and looked at him.

"What are you guys planning..?" Daichi walked over to them and glared daggers at them.

"N-nothing." The three of them stood straight and shook their head.

"Good, just as I thought.." he smiled.

Once they were done, they walked out of the hot spring inn and parted ways.

Y/n and Kageyama were walking home together when Kageyama looked at her.

"Do you want to go to this ramen place?" He asked out of the blue and pointed at the local ramen restaurant.

"Uh- right now..?" She looks at the time on her watch. "Are they even going to be open?" She asked.

"Yes! Let's go there!" Kageyama held her hand and entered the restaurant, finding a table that was empty and sat beside her on the floor.

"Two udon ramen." Kageyama ordered with a smile.

"Can we just share one? I don't think I'll be able to finish a bowl this big." She looks at him.

"It's okay, I'll finish it up for you. You can count on me." He smiled at her.

The bowl were soon placed in front of them and they started to dig in.

Midway through her meal, Y/n wiped her mouth and looked at him. "I'm done."

He was still eating up his ramen but took her bowl as well and poured it in his.

She saw the broth around his mouth and smiled as she took her handkerchief and wiped his mouth.

He stopped eating for a moment and looked at her as he wiped his mouth for her and smiled at her.

"Thanks." he said before finishing up with the last few bites and finally drinking the broth from the bowl.

They then stood up and walked together after Kageyama paid for the food.

"Ahh... that's so satisfying." Kageyama sighed with a smile. "I haven't had a proper meal since forever."

"It's good to know you enjoyed today." She smiled at him.

"I did." He smiled but then it faded. "You sure you won't be able to join us for the practice match tomorrow...?" He asked.

"I got work tomorrow. But I'm sure you'll do well." She smiled.

He stops walking and sighed as he looked away. "That can't be helped."

She smiled at him. "I trust you. You won't let me down, right?"

He nodded. "You know you can count on me."

They reached her home and she looks at him.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow." He smiled and she nodded.

"Good night." He looks at her, waiting for her to enter her home.

"T-Tobio-kun.." she looks down. "There's something I want to tell you.." she muttered.

"What is it?" He tilted his head.

She blushed a little as she looks at him.

"There's something that I want to tell you."

She paused for a while as she looked away before she looked at him.

"I'm...in love with you, Kageyama-kun." She looks at him.

He widened his eyes as he looked at her in surprise.

"Huh...?"

"I'm in love with you." She looked down. "I don't know since when, but I just know I do."

Kageyama froze as he stared at her, without telling anything.

Y/n took this as a sign that he didn't return the feelings and smiled at him.

"It's okay, i just told you what I felt. It didn't mean that you have to feel the same." She sighed a little sadly but smiled at him.

'No... you're wrong.'

He thought while his body was still frozen, the words unable to reach his mouth.

"Good night then.." she smiled at him and waved her hand before entering her home.

'What..just happened...?' he thought as he stared at the door.

He then turned around and started walking towards his own home, with the same, expressionless look on his face that showed neither sadness nor happiness.

After reaching home, he laid on his bed, resting his forearm on his forehead as he stared at the ceiling.

His other was on his chest as he felt his heartbeat, closing his eyes, regretting how he wasn't able to tell her anything.

He then replayed her words in his mind.

'It's okay, i just told you what I felt. It didn't mean that you have to feel the same.'

He clenched his shirt over his chest.

"You're wrong.." he gritted his teeth. "I love you too. I always have."

He opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling.

"I don't know why, i just don't know why I can't say it. My body doesn't move on it's own when I'm around you." He sighed. "And the right words, just wouldn't show up when I need it to show the most."

He then teared up and slammed his face on the pillow, with the feeling of regret and guilt for making the one that he's in love with think that he's not in love with her.

The next morning, Y/n stepped out of her home to see Kageyama with sleepy eyes.

She widened her eyes and walked faster towards him.

"Tobio-kun?!! Why do you seem tired?" She frowned. "You didn't sleep at night, do you?"

"Yeah, kinda." He nodded.

She crossed her arms. "I know you're excited about today's match but that doesn't mean you don't sleep."

He just stared at her as he thought how normal she was behaving.

"Are you really okay?" He looked at her and asked.

"Why'd you ask that?" She asked.

"After what you told me yesterday..." He looked away. "And I couldn't say anything."

She smiled at him. "Don't think about that, think about your match today, hm?"

He looked at her and started walking with her while holding her hand.

'Say it..' he thought to himself. 'I just need to say it. Why is it so difficult for me to tell her???' he closed his eyes shut.

'I don't even to deserve to be with her if I can't tell her that I feel the same way about her.'