Chapter 38 - Pillow talk

She sits on the edge of the bed with a sigh, taking her phone and replying to the text she couldn't reply to before.

After quite a while, she lays down beside him and pulling the sheets over her, although a little skeptical.

'This would've obviously been normal if we were dating but...'

She looks at him, who was laying down with his back facing her.

'we are not really dating right now, so it just doesnt feel right.' she sighed. 'I just don't want to ruin anything like I did before...'

She thought to herself before Kageyama turned to know face her.

She looks at his sleeping face and smiled.

'This is what I'd be seeing if we were dating, huh..?'

Her smile then slightly faded. 'If....'

She then looks at him, softly ruffling his hair.

She stares at him for a couple of seconds more before slowly moving in to gently kiss him before she could even think.

She pulled away after a short while, with wide eyes.

'wha-' she looks at him. 'I-I didn't mean to do that....my body moved on its own...'

She blushed to herself but her eyes relaxed in relief, believing he was asleep and she's the only one who witnessed it.

"Good night." She whispered before closing her eyes, slowly dozing off to sleep.

After being sure that she was asleep since all the tossing and turning stopped, Kageyama took a deep breath as he opened his eyes.

He slowly got off the bed, making his way to the bathroom, closing the door shut before walking towards the sink and standing in front of it, placing his hands on the sides of the sink.

"Was that a- no, it definitely was a kiss." He heaved.

He then looks at himself at the mirror.

"I didn't expect that to happen." He looks at his sweaty face. "I forgot to breathe the moment i felt her lips."

He looks down at the sink while touching his lips, thinking about what happened before his face flushed red.

Once he had calmed down, he walked out of the bathroom and into his room, going back to his side of the bed slowly enough to not wake her up, before laying down underneath the sheets, looking at her, who was already asleep.

He kisses her forehead, looking at her.

"I don't know why it is so difficult for me to express my feelings for you when you're not present or when you're not listening. If only you know how much I love you ever since I laid my eyes on you..."

He whispered to himself while stroking her cheeks softly.

"And even though when I thought I moved on, you just came to my life again. If that doesn't mean that we're meant to be together, I don't know what will."

He places another kiss on her forehead.

"Only if I was this bold and confident when you're not asleep. But you make me so weak and flustered that words don't even come out the way I want them to."

He then looked at her with a sigh.

'Only if time stopped right now.... I'd go on forever into talking about my feelings for you and it would prolly never end. But I promise to let you know of this one day....'

He thought to himself while falling asleep.

The next morning, they both got ready for school and were already on their way walking to school when Kageyama was fighting his thoughts.

'Should I ask her about the kiss...?'

He scratched his head and looked away.

'Or no...? I don't think I can, she'll prolly get embarrassed or something, right?'

He thought and looked at her.

"Hey..." Y/ n started out of thr blue.

"You know the exams are coming up."

She looks at him and he seems to freeze and go pale.

"Um.. Tobio-kun..?" She held his arm and shakes him lightly.

"What-exams?" He looks away.

"Don't tell me you didn't start preparing for the exams yet.." she muttered while letting his arms go.

He huffed. "O-Of course I did!! Who do you think I was??"

He rolled his eyes as he walked ahead.

Y/n jogged up to catch up to him.

"Well, I don't know if you head, but the summer camp is coming up, where the powerhouse will be showing up as well."

He looked at her with sparkling eyes.

"Thaattt is going to take place ONLY after the exams." She smiled.

He looks away and huffs.

"What about it, I'll get done with it."

"But here's the catch, Tobio-kun.."

She hops and stands in front of him.

"Takeda-sensei told that if you fail, you're going to miss out on the summer camp, since you're be sitting for your supplementary exams, hm..?"

She grinned at him.

He froze again and looks at her.

"So you mean to say..."

"You need to pass if you wanna go to the camp. Else you need to find your own transportation and show up to the camp." She grins and lightly taps his cheek.

"Wh-what about you?" He paces up behind her.

"Me?" She looks at him. "I'm not bad at studies myself. I'll be at the camp with the others." She smirked and showed a thumbs up.

He crossed his arms and looks away with a pout.

Y/n looks at him and smiled while walking beside him.

"Hey, I'll help you in studying if you need anything at all..." She said in a comforting voice. "Just don't put that long face on again."

She pats his back. "You'll be just fine." She smiled widely.

He looks at her back with a smile and nodded.

"I'll be in your care then." He bowed slightly.

She giggled and looked at him.

"Also, you can forget about the drawing pad."

She turned around and continued walking.

"What drawing pad?" He follows her.

"The one you planned on surprising me with if you win?" She shrugged.

He grinned and scoffed. "That's not what I wanted to give you, well, you'll know it once you receive it." He told proudly, making her smile.