Chapter 20 - Stay

"why are you crying, silly?" She giggled after wiping her own tears.

"I didn't mean to hurt you. I just didn't know what got into me." He looks away.

She ended up trying to comfort him instead by hugging him and patting his head, while he hugged back by wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Let's eat now.. I'm starving." She smiled and he nodded.

"Let me heat them up." He offered and she nodded.

He returned after heating the food up, and they were finally able to eat together where he also made her take her medicine.

"The notes..." She rubbed her eyes and sat on the bed as she yawned. "Can i borrow them?"

"My notes?" He looks at her as he cleaned the table.

"Oh? You don't pay attention to classes usually, do you..?" She looks down. "I forgot for a while that you used to watch volleyball videos during classes."

He stands up and walked towards her after taking his notebooks. "I actually payed attention in the class today in case I needed to explain you anything."

He told and handed her his books.

"Really?" She looks at him while she took the books and went through them.

"I'll..write it down... later." She told as she laid down. "I'm actually a little... sleepy..." She yawned.

"Sure, I'll wake you up in a bit." he nodded.

"Can i borrow your phone first..? I want to text my mom and tell her that i might come home late." She yawned.

He gives her his phone and she types in the message and sends it to her mother's number, before falling completely asleep and having the phone drop off her hand.

Kageyama went to the kitchen to wash the dishes, and when he came back, he walked over to her and moves the hair away from her face as he sat on the bed.

"Y/n..?" He called out, but she was still asleep.

He then stood up and looked at her.

"The medicines made you sleepy, huh..?" He smiled.

He then pulled the covers over her and rolled out a bed on the floor as he decided to sleep on the floor.

He then turned off the lights and laid down on his spot as he fell asleep.

In the middle of the night he woke up to go to the bathroom. After he returned, he looked at Y/n and placed his hand on her forehead, clicking his tongue after realizing she was still warm .

He went downstairs to get a bowl of cold water and a wet cloth, returning and sitting on the bed as he dipped the cloth in the water, twister the cloth to remove the excess water and placed it on her forehead.

He repeated this for a couple of time before he fell asleep beside her.

He woke up in the morning to notice that he was nicely laid on the bed, and the covers pulled over him.

He then realizes that Y/n was still on the bed and he was sleeping beside her the whole night, and that he has his arm wrapped around her waist.

He froze and he blushed at the act that he saw her first thing in the morning.

Y/n slowly opened her eyes and looked at him, who was already looking at her with a blush.

"T-Tobio-kun..." She muttered. "Why are you here..? What if you get sick?" She rubbed her eyes.

"Uh-Ah..I..." Kageyama stuttered.

Y/n then realized that she had a cloth on her forehead and takes it off.

"You've been taking care of me all night again huh.." she looks at him as she slowly sits up, then looking at his arm around her waist.

"And cuddling...?" She tilts her head and looks at him.

He quickly takes his arm off and sits up, being flustered. "I-I didn't realize that I was holding you." He told while folding the covers nicely, trying to avoid eye contact with her.

She smiled and looked at him, wrapping her arms around his neck without him expecting.

"Thank you, I feel better now..." She smiled and pulled away.

"I'm glad." He nodded and smiled.

"I'll go home so i can have a shower and changed into another uniform."

She got off the bed and held the bowl of water and cloth. "Let me help you clean up first." She smiled.

"It's okay, you can let me take care of this-"

Kageyama tried reaching out for the bowl, but he lost balance and his body weight pushed Y/n on the bed, while he fell on top of her.

The bowl fell off her hand and the water was spilled all over the bed.

Kageyama stared at her, looking in her eyes as he hovered on top of her, with his arms on both of her sides.

Y/n stared back at him before realizing the position they were in and blushed

"I-If y-y-yo-you keep looking at me like that, I might not stop myself." Kageyama looked away and blushed, clutching on the bed sheets on her sides.

"Huh..?" She tilts her head and looks at him.

"I'm a man after all.." He closed his eyes shut and stands up, helping her stand up as well.

"I'll take care of things here, just go home and do whatever you want to, I'll be there to pick you up on time." He told as he made his bed with a scornful look on his face.

"Okay.." she scratched her head and took her bag, walking towards the door.

"I'll see you in a while." She smiled at him, who had his back facing her, before she left.

After she left, he sat on the bed with a thud and ran his fingers through his hair, putting his hand on his chest, feeling how fast his heart was beating.

He clutched the part of the shirt that was over his beating chest as he exhaled slowly before starting to get ready for school