Chapter 40 - Hinata

It was the next day and both Kageyama and Y/n were walking to school.

Upon entering the gate, everyone were kind of staring at the both of them and whispering to one another.

"What? Why are they giving us this kind of look?" She looks around as she made her way through the class.

"Hm? Beats me." Kageyama shrugged and looks at her. "It's probably because we're a couple?"

"I don't think that actually was an issue..." She looks down and hummed as she thought.

As she entered the classroom and approached her desk, she saw a bunch of unpleasant words scribbled on her desk that made her jaw drop in surprise.

'Player'

'Stop the fake relationship'

'Everyone knows you tricked Kageyama'

'B*tch'

She felt her heart sting as she stood motionless reading those words.

Kageyama was behind her, a little distracted from the stares of their classmates that he didn't see what she was looking at.

"Y/n.."

He nudged her shoulder but didn't receive any response.

He turned his head to her and now saw the words that made her heart shatter.

He widened his eyes as he read the words and looked at her agonized eyes.

"How..." She muttered.

"Ah, there's the fake crocodile tears."

Mei entered the class and walked towards her desk.

"Right? Y/n?"

Kageyama widened his eyes as she looks at her.

"Matsuda....of course...." He frowns and whispers to himself.

"What a shame..." Mei looks at Y/n then at Kageyama. "She couldn't even be in a real relationship and had to rely on someone for protection." She told and rolled her eyes while smriking.

Kageyama walked towards her and slams his hand on her desk.

"Was it you who did this?" He leaned in and asks her while glaring at her.

"Huh? What do you mean? It wasn't me ofcourse, it was her. If she didn't write this stupid note saying that you're just in a fake relationship, this wouldn't have happened."

Mei takes out a paper of the 'supposed' note, with a bad imitation of Y/n's handwriting, although it's not really distinguished from one another if they're not closely compared.

"This is not even her handwriting." He looks at her and grits her teeth.

She just grinned and looked away, leaning back on her chair.

The bell rang and everyone were in their seats. Y/n was hurt but was trying to keep her thoughts out of it, while Kageyama stared at his book blankly.

During the lunch break, Kageyama stood up and calmly walked towards the door.

"Where are you going?" She asked him.

"I want to talk to Hinata. I'll be back." He told with his back facing her before walking out.

He stood out of Hinata's class, waiting for him.

"What's the matter, Kageyama?" He asked.

"Come with me."

Kageyama told and lead the way to a club room that wasn't used and entered first, letting Hinata follow him.

He sat on the edge of the table while Hinata stood in front of him.

"You heard what's circulating about me and Y/n, right?" He asked while Hinata nods his head.

"I know it's a tough time for you both." He rubs the back of head while looking away then looks back at Kageyama. "Is there anything that you want me to do?" He asked.

"Yes, actually..." Kageyama sighed and looked at him.

"I want you to take care of Y/n."

Hinata blinked and stared at him before widening his eyes.

"Kageyama!! Are you planning to  kill yourself?!"

"Ha?? Boke." He huffed. "There's just something I want to do and I want you to take care of her while I'm doing what I have to."

Hinata looks at him.

"I don't know how long it will take, but it definitely will take a while, and I want someone I trust to be there for her, so I know that she's doing well." He sighs and looks at him. "Besides me, you're the one she's quite comfortable around among the boys." He smiled.

Hinata nodded and smiled. "Don't worry, Kageyama. I'll take good care of her. Go do whatever you want to do."

Kageyama stands up and nodded. "Thanks man, I owe you."

"Doesn't she know how you feel?" Hinata asked.

"As much as i want her to know. But I can tell that I'll be telling her very soon." He slides the door open.

"Also tell her that I'm sorry I couldn't hug her when she needed it the most."

He then walked out and slides the door closed.

After the bell for the last class of the day has rung, Kageyama stood up with his bag.

"Oh, just give me a min-" Y/n talked to Kageyama only to see him walk past her.

She looks at him standing beside Mei.

"Can I walk you home?" He asked her.

Y/n widened her eyes as she saw them leaving the classroom together with small chit-chat.

"Did he just, left me...?" She stared as she whispered to herself.

Hinata peeped into the class and smiled brightly upon seeing Y/n.

"Yo!" He jogged towards her.

She continued packing her bag as she looked down.

"Hi Hinata!" She smiled slightly.

"Hey, I know what's going on but, I'm here for you."

Hinata started, not knowing how to cheer her up.

"It's ok, don't mind that. I'm doing well." She takes her bag and stands up.

"Is it okay if i walk with you?" He asks.

"Hm?" She giggles then nods.

They were walking home and Hinata kept her busy bu indulging her in small conversation, not giving her any moment to think about anything else, until she reached home. He waved at her with his energetic smile before walking away after she entered her home.

Om the other hand, Kageyama was walking with Mei and it was a little awkward silent walk at first.

"What made you wanna walk with me?" She asks.