Chapter 17 - Worry

Kageyama frowned as he looked at her frail state.

"You don't look good, why don't you go to the nurse's office?" He suggested.

"I'll be fine." She insisted.

He sighed and nods.

"Fine, but if I sense that you're not getting any better, I'm not taking your word for what I'll be doing next." He stands up.

"Yes sir." She nods softly.

He walks to his seat and the classes continued to take place while he attentively listened to the lectures.

During the lunch break, he decided to finally go and check on her to see if she was doing any better. She had her head on the table the whole time so he thought that she might be asleep.

"Y/n.." He lightly shook her by her shoulder, but there was no response.

He then raised his eyebrow as he held her hand and was surprised to feel her temperature seemed to have been more than earlier.

"Y/n??" He widened his eyes as he shook her again.

He then carried her in his arms as he rushed out of the class and tried to walk at a faster pace to go to the nurse's office.

Upon entering the room, the nurse saw him carrying Y/n and acted quickly as she guided them to a spare bed, asking him to lay her on the bed.

She then inspected on Y/n's current state, while Kageyama looked at them, with his hands clasped and then intertwined them as he waited in anticipation.

"She's fine. She's just too weak to move or say anything." The nurse stood up and went over to bring the IV stand.

"Looks like I need to set up the IV for her." She told as she started preparing the needles and hanging the bag on the IV stand.

"How long will it take?" He asked.

"Around 2 hours or so.." She told as she took Y/n's hand and disinfected the back of her hand.

She then took a needle and prepared to pierce it on the back of Y/n's hand, but Kageyama stopped her.

"Won't that hurt..?" He asked and the nurse looked at him.

"It might be painful..so I just asked.." He looked away.

"It does, but she's currently in a drowsy state so she might not feel anything for now." The nurse smiled and pierced the needle, while Kageyama flinched.

"You better get going, the class is going to start." She smiled at him and he nodded before bowing.

"Please take care of her.." 

The nurse nodded and he glanced at Y/n again before walking out of the office.

At the school was over for the day, he ran to the office to check on Y/n, slamming the door open as he panted, being almost out of breath.

"Tobio-kun?" Y/n looks at him, who was sitting now and seemed to be doing better.

"Y/n.." He walked towards her after catching his breath and sits on the chair beside her.

"Tobio-kun..Let's go, I don't wanna stay here." She looks at him and held his sleeve.

"Uhmm.." He nodded then looks around. "Where's the nurse?"

"She went out for a while." She looked down at her hand then looks at him.

"This actually hurts." She teared up.

A concerned Kageyama quickly wipes her tears away and held her hand.

"It'll be okay, don't worry."

The nurse then entered and smiled at Kageyama.

"You're here." She walked towards them after taking a first aid from the table.

"Let's check your temperature." She told as she took out the thermometer.

Y/n opened her mouth and she sticks the thermometer in, while Kageyama held her hand, gently squeezing it.

After a while, she pulled it out and checked the reading.

"She has improved a bit, but you still need to take rest at home. Remember the medicines that I have given you." The nurse told and shakes her head. "You were in an awful condition earlier."

Kageyama looks at the nurse. "So can she go home?"

"Yes, let me take out the needle from her hand." She told.

She then held Y/n's hand, who was looking at the nurse with a fearful exprression.

"This might hurt a little, but keep your hand relaxed." She warned with a smile.

As the nurse started to remove the needle, Y/n held his hand tight and teared up as she whimpered, with Kageyama looking away so he don't have to see her being hurt.

"It's okay... just a little more." Kageyama pats her head with his free hand while still looking away.

"And we're done." The nurse told after taping a cotton bud over the small prick.

"Let's go." Kageyama holds both of their bag with his one hand and held her hand with the other.

"Can you stand?" He asked.

"I can.." She replied and puts her foot on the floor to stand up but her legs weren't obeying her.

Kageyama quickly caught her and helped her sit on a chair, then squatted with his back facing her.

"Hop on." He told.

"T-Tobio-kun, I.."

"It's okay, you're not heavy at all." He smiled.

She nodded and wrapped her arms around his neck while he held her legs around his waist to support her.

"Thank you." He bowed to the nurse before leaving the office.

Kageyama huffed as he pushed her slightly to adjust her on his back exited the school but didn't walk towards the gym.

"You're not going to the gym?" She asked in a lower tone.

"Your health comes first." He told as he looked ahead and continued walking.

"But what about the practice for Nekoma..?"

"It's just a practice match, also i can make up for the practice tomorrow. One day of absence won't change anything."

She smiled at him as he lay her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes to rest.