Chapter 33 - Wager

Kageyama and Y/n were busy cleaning up the gym while they were being silent to one another.

The silence was taking a toll on them, and it was unbearable for one another since they have a lot to say to each other.

They did look at one another from time to time but were resentful enough to talk first.

Y/n finally lost her cool and frowned at him.

"So you didn't really reject her chocolates, huh?"

She huffed and looked away.

"You're the one to talk. 'Thank you' for butting in to me and saving me from falling." He scoffed. "Also, what happened to you pretending I don't exist?" He rolled his eyes.

"It's getting annoying with you always following me around!"

She stopped pushing the ball trolley and looked at him.

"Yeah right. If I don't exist, what I do shouldn't even matter to you."

He looks at her and walks towards her, making her taking steps back.

"I can do whatever I want and it shouldn't bother you since I don't exist."

He backed her to a wall and looked down at her.

"And that includes taking chocolates from someone else. We're not dating after all. It's all an act."

Y/n looks away at what he said and sighed sadly before looking at him again.

"Then what made you mad with who I bumped into?" She furrowed her eyebrows at him. "We're not dating."

Kageyama frowned. "Because you don't like other guys. That's why. I know I'm the only one you're comfortable around."

"And what about you?" She asked. "You can go on talking or even taking stuff from other girls....because it's not the same for you huh..?"

He just looked at her with his lips apart, like he wanted to tell something.

She looks at him and waits for an answer but he just looks at her without uttering a word.

"Do you feel anything about me at all..?" She looks at him in the eyes. "Even a little...?"

He looks on.

She sighed as she looked away before smiling sadly at him.

"Do I even have a place in your heart..?" She looks at him. "Does all, the things that we have done together, that crossed the line of friendship, mean anything to you at all?"

Kageyama looks at her, wanting to answer but couldn't, closing his eyes shut as he looked away, being angry at himself as he backed away and rubbed his head.

She looked away as she began to tear up.

"Nothing, huh..?" She mumbled and looks at him. "What do I do now?"

Kageyama looked down and clenched his fist.

"What do i do...?" She let her tears fall and looks at him.

"Are you...getting tired of me...?" He muttered. "Are you giving up on me?"

She wipes her tears and shakes her head. "Not yet, but I guess I eventually will if it's going to end up like this. There's nothing left anymore now, is it..?"

Kageyama looks at her quietly.

She smiled at him.

"I've done my part here so... I'll go home now.." she told and went to get her bag.

She got her back and held the handle of the door.

"I'll get going.. good night."

She slid the door open and walked out before sliding it close, not looking at what he was doing before leaving.

She then looked at the sky.

'Are you giving up on me?'

She thought of what he asked.

"I... don't wanna give up yet..but at the same time, I do.." she mumbled to herself as she started walking.

She thought for a while before looking ahead.

"If he drops me home, I won't give up on my love for him. If he doesn't, I'll move on." She told herself and started walking towards the school gate.

"If he drops me home... I will keep loving him.. if he doesn't..." She teared up.

'Please..please drop me home...' she thought.

She was almost at the school gate when she turned around to see Kageyama standing around one metre behind her, putting his hands in his pocket while looking away.

She sighed and walked out of the school gate, making her way home. She noticed all along that Kageyama was following her even though he was keeping his distance.

After reaching the front of her place, she looked back to see Kageyama and he quietly looked away.

She smiled to herself before entering her home.

The moment she closed the door, she felt her phone vibrate and checked to see a text from Hana.

Later that night, Kageyama prepared the bed and was about to sleep, when he received a text. He thought it might be Y/n so he checked his phone and widened his eyes.

'I caught up with Y/n. We talked for around 2 hours..lol. Will fill in the details for you tomorrow. Meet me, same place, same time.'

Kageyama read Hana's text as he was now wide awake.

'Can't wait till tomorrow, can you tell me right now?' 

He replied, waiting for an answer.

-After a small series of texts-

Hana sat on the edge of her bed, with a frown, looking in front of her to see Kageyama with his hoodie on.

"Kageyama...Do you know what time it is??" She sighed. "It's past midnight. And it is definitely NOT okay to just break into someone's house like this."

Kageyama nodded.

"I know, and it is embarrassing to break into someone's home like this but...I am desperate.." He looks at her with his longing eyes. "Because things didn't get better for us yesterday. I wasn't able to answer her-"

"I know, I know.." She shakes her head and sighed. "Well, she didn't mention what exactly happen. As always, she is the kind to not share any 'relationship' related issues with others. All she did mention, was that she was thinking whether to give up or not.."

Kageyama gulped as he looked at her. Hana looked at him and waves her hand in front of her face.

"Don't worry, she didn't. She put this wager though that if you'd follow her home, she wouldn't give up." She smiled.

"If I didn't, she would've?" He asked.

"Well, it is what it is.." She shrugged and looked down before looking back at him. "What's your story? You told me it was really important for you to come over through the text."