Chapter 39 - A group study

"HOW DID IT COME TO THIS????!!!"

Y/n scratched her head and shakes her head while Kageyama and Hinata looks at her innocently.

"Hey, Y/n, isn't this fun?" Hinata tried to nudge her with his elbow.

"This all happened because of you, boke." Kageyama glared at Hinata and punched him.

Y/n sighed as she looked at them quarrelling, resting her face on her hand as she gazes at the two while reliving the flashback.

"So..." Kageyama walked towards her after the bell had rung, looking down at her while she was packing her bag.

"What do you say you can help me with my grammar today? I kinda need help on that?" He looked away in embarrassment and scratched the back of his head.

"Well of co-"

"Y/n!!!" Hinata popped his head in the classroom and smiled widely upon spotting her.

"Help me in science!" He ran towards her and told energetically."

Kageyama huffed and looked at him. "She's reserved for today."

He told and pulled her to his side by her arm.

"Hey, Kageyama. I know you're dating but come on," he folded his arms and rolled his eyes. "I just want help in studying else we won't be able to play another match."

She looks at Hinata and giggled silently before shaking her head.

"It's okay, I'll help him too." She looks at Kageyama and rubs his arm. "Look at how cute he is." She looks at Hinata.

Kageyama rolled his eyes and looks away. "Tch, cute...?"

Hinata smiled widely, a faint blush painted on his cheek upon hearing the compliment.

"Where and when??" He asked.

"Hmm.." she looks down.

"My place!" Kageyama looked at Hinata. "there's no way you can think of going to Y/n's home."

"Yeah, I wasn't planning to anyway..." Hinata looks at Kageyama with an expression that meant that he wasn't interested in that idea anyway.

He then gleefully looks at Y/n.

"I'll see you again then Y/n!!"

He waved and walks out of the class.

She looks at them and sighs as she stood up, pulling them both by their ear.

"Now, stop making me look like a mother by making you both behave." She frowned.

"S-sorry..."

They both apologized and she let go off their ears, before they sat on their places and rubbed their ear.

"Now, i want you to solve this problem." She told and pointed on a question in Hinata's book.

"But the equation seems tough." He scratched his head.

"Well you'll never learn if you don't try. Suit yourself." She told while scanning through Kageyama's book.

"This." She points out to him. "It's them, not those..."

Kageyama was frustrated at his 5th mistake and looks at her.

"Them or those, it don't matter they're all the same." He sulked.

Y/n silently glared at him and he took his eraser and erases his mistakes, intimidated by the look she was giving.

While solving his problem, Hinata sneezed and covered his nose right after.

"Y/n, I think I caught a flu, do you have tissues here?"

She looks at Kageyama.

"It's your house."

Kageyama looked at him and crossed his arms.

"He's pretending to be sick to avoid doing his problems."

Kageyama stares at him with a poker face, looking at him like he's trying to frame another opportunity to be closer to her.

Y/n sighs and stands up to get him a box of tissue while Kageyama scooted closer to him.

"If you think you can take her away from me, you're gravely mistaken." He whispers to him.

Hinata just pulled out his tongue at Kageyama without saying anything.

Kageyama scooted back when Y/n returned with a box of tissue.

"Here." She helps him. "Are you cold too?"

Hinata nods and she looks around, grabbing Kageyama's blanket and wrapping it around Hinata.

"Better?" She smiled at him.

"Thank-you."

Hinata smiled genuinely and sniffed.

Kageyama widened his eyes.

"Oi!! That's my blanket!!" He points at Hinata.

Y/n looks at him.

"Y-yeah... I'm sorry, that was the first thing my eyes landed on." She looks down with guilt. "I'll wash them for you once he's done using it."

Kageyama's expression softened and he looks back at his notebook, quietly continuing to work on his grammar.

"If I was having a flu, would you take care of me the same way too?" He muffled his words while he spoke.

"Are you crazy? Of course I will." She chuckled.

"Bakayama is jealous." Hinata looks at him and teased him.

"Just shut up, you boke!" Kageyama looks at him and glares.

"Be grateful that you're sick else i would've beaten you up so badly."

Y/n looks at them and smiled.

Later, Hinata had to unfortunately go home since he wasn't feeling any better. Y/n took the blanket and went to put it in the machine.

She looks at all the buttons since she didn't really know to use one.

"Let's see here, there must be a start button.."

She told and looks at the buttons again. "But these are just buttons without any names..." She frowned.
Kageyama stood behind her without her noticing and just pressed the button that started the machine.

Startled, she jumped back only to be bumped by him.

"You don't know how to use a machine, do you?" He looks down at her and asked.

She just looks away and laughed awkwardly.

"You shouldn't have even told me that you'd wash it if that was the case."

He turned around and started walking to his room.

"Hey i just wanted to do something nice." She rolled her eyes.

They were cleaning up the place and packing up their bags.

"Y/n." He called her in a soft voice.

She looks at him.

"N-no nothing." He shakes her head and looks at her.

"Uh, okay." She wears her bag. "I'll get going then."

"Let me drop you off." He offered and she accepted it with a smile.