~ Chapter - 10 ~ {E}

Marvolo walked towards his study with a frown on his face as he had so much to do today that he had a solid desire to hand the paperwork to Lucius and spend a day doing something thrilling and exciting, like torturing one of the members of the order of chicken by capturing them. Still, ultimately, he knew he couldn't go around handing his duties to Lucius or others, especially now that they had a new Lord and Lady of the House of Black and Potter who both stood firmly against the beliefs of Dark and beside the old coot. He heard a knock on his door, which confused him as he didn't call anyone or inform them to report him on something he had given them.

"Come in," He called out. He was surprised to see Lucius enter with a frown on his face and something clutching tightly in his hand, coupled with surprise and suspiciousness, which made Marvolo smile inwardly with slight amusement. As much as Lucius claims otherwise, he does care for his family and friends but being raised as a pureblood child; he always had high standards set for him. Abraxas didn't make him any less complicated, making him what he is today.

"How was the meeting with Lord Black go, Lucius?" Marvolo asked, leaning back in his armchair. Lucius sighed before taking the seat in front of him, and before he could answer, they both heard another knock filled with an urgency which made both of them frown in confusion, and Marvolo waved his hand. The door was opened only for Bellatrix, Narcissa & Lestrange twins standing at the threshold, and he signaled them to enter.

"As we have seen in the first meeting of the Wizengamot session, the new Lord Black is Sirius, and he has taken up the Lord Mantle of the family. He made Potter brat the daughter of the Black family and made us swear the family honor oath," Lucius said, and Bellatrix looked shocked while Marvolo was in thought.

"What do you mean Potter is a Black family now, Lucius? She is a daughter of mudblood and blood traitor; he brought her into the family and sullied its honor and pride; how dare he, and next time I come across him, I'm going to kill him," Bellatrix raged, and Narcissa shook her head.

"Control yourself, Bella, don't forget he is the head of our family, and now he has brought Andromeda and her family back into Blackfold as well, he has warned us strictly not to do anything against the beliefs and holdings of the black, and he has made clear that no matter on what side we are in the war, he will take anyone harming Potter from both sides and will destroy them to bits," Narcissa said, and everyone was shocked.

"My Lord, there is one more thing that I want you to look at," Lucius said cautiously, and Marvolo looked at him, raising his eyebrow in question.

"What is it that I should look at, Lucius?" Marvolo asked, and Lucius forwarded his hand mutely and opened his palm to show the bracelet Azalea had given him. Once Marvolo saw what it was, he was drawn to it as he could feel the familiar magic of Potter which made him curious.

"What is this Bracelet for Lucius? and who gave you this? If I'm right, then I can feel Potter's magic oozing from it," Marvolo said, and Lucius nodded.

"You are right, Marvolo. As I was leaving, Potter handed me this and said you know how to read the message that lies with the Snake," Lucius said and forwarded his palm.

"What is the message," Marvolo hissed, and immediately the Snake came to life and slithered toward Marvolo. He was shocked as it slithered towards his wrist where his soul mark was and coiled itself around the pattern before answering.

Greetings, Tom Marvolo Riddle. I know by now your very being is brimming with rage and Curiosity at my audacity to send you a message, but what I'm contacting you about lies between us. I know this meeting is related to the mark on your wrist; meet me tomorrow at Orchids Garden at five in the evening, and you will find answers to your questions; for now, have fun trying to decode me and my secrets...