~ Chapter - 11 ~ {E}

Azalea continued to pace in her room, not knowing how to talk about Dark Lord being her soulmate as he was the reason her father lost his mates, thirteen years of his life in prison, and her childhood. She had made peace with it, but she couldn't ask the same from her father. She has only a single chance to speak; by lunchtime, Marvolo will send an official letter to her and a permission letter seeking approval from Sirius to officiate the courting. She took a deep breath and walked towards his study to speak with him.

"Papa," Azalea called out, and Sirius could hear the nervousness in her voice which made him frown, and he looked up from the file he was looking into.

"Pup, you know you can share anything with me, right?" Sirius asked firmly, and Azalea nodded yes "then why do I feel and hear the nervousness in you?" Sirius asked, and Azalea took a deep breath before answering.

"Papa, there is something I would like you to know, and I need to confess," Azalea said, and Sirius nodded his head closed his files, walked towards her, and extended his palm, which she took with a smile.

"Come, we will have some hot chocolate in the garden, and you can tell me there; the weather is good too," Sirius said, and both of them walked into the garden where there was a gazebo and asked one of the elves for chocolate which they had in few minutes.

"Papa, a week before Malfoys and Tonks came to visit us over the family meeting you held, something happened; I mean, discovered something," Azalea started. Sirius kept silent, knowing his daughter would tell everything eventually.

"I felt a searing pain in my arm for a few minutes, and after I felt the pain subduing, I saw a mark appearing when I researched about the mark, I came to know that it is a sign and indication that I have a soulmate and I found who it is, I don't know whether you will accept him or not but-" Azalea said and Sirius stood up from his place which made Azalea stop talking. She looked at her father, fearing losing him, while Sirius faced his back towards her.

"Pup, do you know that one's soul mate can be known to another when they are of age, but in rare cases when one of the partners is older than the other, the soulmate's name is revealed to their parents for brief moments on occasions so that they can help their child getting used to their soulmate from them being a baby until they come of age," Sirius said. Azalea looked at him in shock and surprise because that was not mentioned in any books she had read.

"But this was never mentioned in any books I read or they were written about," Azalea said, and Sirius nodded.

"You are right because it is not a common occurrence, and most of the time, the soulmates or of the same age or older by three or four years," Sirius said, and Azalea nodded her head but was confused as to why he was saying this now.

"But why are you saying this now, Papa, I mean -" Azalea said, and Sirius looked her in the eye before answering.

"We know Tom Marvolo Riddle known as Dark Lord Voldemort, is your Soulmate, Pup," Sirius revealed, and Azalea sat stunned in her place.

"How," Was the only word left in her mouth, and Sirius shook his head with a faint smile.

"You were always active and happy baby even when you were in Lily's womb, it used to take much energy of mine and James to calm you down, and when you were born, you were a beautiful and happy baby born with a smile rather than cry, you are powerful too that you started to exhibit accidental Magic at the age of six months old itself and as such was one of the incidents where we were allowed to know who your soulmate was.

Flashback:

James and Sirius were in front of the fire going through reports on death eaters while Lily was in the garden, tending to flowerbeds. Azalea was in her pram playing with a toy and chewing it under the supervision of an elf when she got bored with the toy and threw it away, and looked around trying to find her parents when she couldn't see any of them; she started to whimper which grabbed the attention of three of them.