S

Sadism: the kink for providing pain. Masochists and sadists often come together to meet one another's kinky needs.

Savantophilia: fetish for people who have a cognitive impairment or delay.

Scatophilia a fetish for fecal matter. Also known as coprophilia.

Sensation play: a light kink where partners exchange sensations on the skin. Items with different textures (soft, hard, bumpy, smooth, cold, hot, etc) can be run across the skin. Pain isn't involved, but you can alternate between pain and sensation during light BDSM play.

Sensory deprivation: any play that prevents someone from using one of their five senses. Blindfolds block sight, gloves prevent touch, earmuffs deprive the sense of hearing, etc.

Siderodromophilia: a fetish for trains or engaging in sexual activity on a train.

Slime fetish: a kink for slime and slimy things. Tentacles are a prime example of a slime fetish in popular media. This fetish is closely related to the mess fetish.

Sneezing Fetish: a kink for watching someone else sneeze. This person is usually naked. Sneezing elicits a bodily response somewhat similar to orgasm. People with a sneeze fetish might also participate in tickling and forced urinating kinks.

Snuff: a fantasy fetish for killing someone or being killed. Snuff is often considered to be an urban legend, and it's an obviously dangerous and illegal in practice.

Somnophilia: the fetish for sexual partners who are asleep. It is a rare fetish. People with this fascination may enjoy the "sleeping princess" trope. In reality, a partner should specify prior consent to sexual activity that happens or begins while they are asleep because sleeping people cannot give consent. Definitions differ, however.

Sounding: a kink for inserting thin tubes, usually made of glass or metal, into the urethra. This is one of the most common forms of urethral play. Kinksters often use medical sounds or similar tools, and sounding can be part of medical play. Sounding can be dangerous, especially if the item inserted breaks off internally or is not sanitized beforehand.

Spanking: this is a fetish that many people have tried in the bedroom. A firm hand comes into play as punishment or enticement in many power exchange relationships, including domestic discipline relationships and schoolgirl roleplay. You might enjoy spanking from time to time even if you don't consider yourself all that kinky, but spanking can also be quite extreme.

Stigmatophilia: the fetish for piercings and sometimes tattoos. See body modification fetish.

Stockings: items that are often fetishized. Some people like all of them. Others prefer those that are lace-topped, hooked to a garter belt or with a visible seam down the back.

Strap-on: fetish specifically for using strap-ons. Anal, oral or vaginal penetration can be achieved. Anally penetrating a male with a strap-on is known as pegging.

Stygiophilia: arousal by thoughts of hell and eternal damnation.

Stuffing: eating until the point of physical pain.

Suspension: the practice of suspending someone from the ground or being suspended yourself. Suspension can be accomplished with ropes, harnesses and other devices and items.

Symphorphilia: fetish for watching car accidents or other traumatic incidents.