Kinda fun facts

1. Leopold von Sacher-Masoch (1836-1895) is considered by most to be the granddaddy of BDSM thanks to his novel, Venus in Furs. (It is from his last name that we get the word "masochism". ) Venus in Furs was a popular "underground" book during Victorian times and that probably had as much to do with the fact that the woman in the story was the dominant as it did with the "usual" sex practices.  (By the way, by today's standard, it's pretty tame. It's possible to find far more racier things in the romance section of the local Barnes and Noble). A writer and journalist, von Sacher-Masoch was related to Franz Sacher, inventor of the famous dessert the Sachertote, and his great-great-niece is the singer/former long-time girlfriend of Mick Jagger, Marianne Faithful.

2. Alfred Bloomingdale, heir to the famous Bloomingdale's department store fortune and close friend to Ronald and Nancy Reagan, shocked New York's high-society when tales of his decade-long affair with a whip-yielding mistress several decades his junior became public. It was also claimed the elderly man like to whip sex workers with leather belts.

3. The Box night club in London's Soho area is known for showing various "fetish burlesque" acts, and A-List celebs who have visited the club include actresses Emma Watson and Keira Knightley as well as Britain's Prince Harry.

4. The average speed of ejaculation is 48kmph

5. There are 36 calories in a teaspoon of semen.

6. Frequent sexual intercourse can indeed inprove memory in women.

7. The average female orgasm lasts 20 seconds. That's 14 more than a male.

8. You burn around 200 calories in the time you have 30 minutes of sex.

9. There are approximately 100 million acts of sex today.

10. Sperm actually has anti-wrinkle properties, similiar to most moisturisers.