Starlight's Story: Gifted

“Help me!” I cried, sitting up. I was in my treehouse, the sky slowly tinting pink. A nightmare…but it was so real. I stood up and clopped over to the window, the moon slowly sinking in the sky. Thats when I saw it. A pale blue ribbon floating softly in the wind out in the prairie.

I carefully clopped down the stairs, my hooves heavy with sleep and numb from sleeping on the hard wood floor. I slowly approached the flapping fabric, to find a large basket the size of a table. Inside there was a large flat pillow and a smaller one on top of the larger one. It was then that I realized that the whole thing was a large bed. I gasped in joy and galloped around the side of it so I could push it towards the house when I tripped over something hidden in the grass. I sat up to find a smaller basket filled to the brim with apples, a pale blue bow tied to its handle. I picked up the basket in my teeth and clopped over to the bed and placed it inside. I began to push the bed towards the treehouse, curiosity capturing my thoughts. 

Who was it that helped me? I must at least thank them, but I didn’t know who had done the deed. It was so kind of them to bring it to my home, but I hadn’t told anyone where I lived or that I lived alone. The bed met with the stairs, causing me to hit my head on the basket. I quickly got up and looked about, the feeling of being watched coming over me. My heart pounded in my chest as I looked around, for which I was met with silence. I watched as the sun rose, shakily taking its place in the sky. I shook my head, snapping myself out of it. I grabbed the side of my new bed in my teeth and pulled it up the stairs after me. 

After I got it inside, I pushed the bed into the corner and put my blanket inside, uncovering my saddle bag. It was then I realized the time, and quickly threw a couple apples from the basket in my saddlebag, picked up the flower and books and galloped down the stairs and jumped over the last one, rushing into town to Rose’s flower shop. 

Unknown at the time, I actually was under the close observation of hateful eyes.