Starlight's Story: Walls of Knowledge

Nat-mo took me across town to a town house and opened the door with her magic, motioning me to come in after her. I had never been in a house other than my own, so I hesitantly clopped in. She quickly clopped through the main room and into a room connected to a hallway containing three other doors. The new room was crowded with books. They were stacked on the floor, open on the desk and many hoof drawn diagrams were posted on the walls. 

 "Woah...what is this place?" I asked, staying next to the doorway to avoid stepping on anything. 

 "This is my bedroom. I do all of my research and best thinking here." She replied, walking over to the wall most decorated by papers. How she didn't trip I had no idea. "This is what I wanted to show you." 

"Umm...it's a bit far for me to see from here." I replied squinting. "Why don't you come closer?" Nat-mo suggested. 

 "I don't want to step on anything." I replied. 

 "Okay, I'll just levitate you over here." She said, her horn glowing with magic. Then I felt a tingling sensation as I started to levitate above the ground, a strange urge to laugh coming over me. I grimaced as the magic gently consumed me, becoming more and more intense, but I lost it when she actually started to move me.  According to Nat-mo's memory, I squeaked and then started to randomly die of laughter. 

 "Whats so funny?" Nat-mo asked, cocking her head to the side.

 "Your magic!" I cried. "It's driving me crazy!" I managed, rapidly flapping my wings in a futile effort to ward off the feeling.

 "Oh, sorry!" Nat-mo giggled, her turquoise magic ceasing its glow as the feeling started to fade. "I've never met a pony who was so sensitive to be tickled by magic."

 "Neither have I." I replied, a few leftover giggles escaping me.

 "So what is it you wanted to show me?" I was answered with a Nat-mo staring at me wide-eyed. 

"Okay, so I'm extremely ticklish? Big deal." I said, blushing. 

 "No it's not that, you're flying!" Nat-mo squealed in excitement. It was then that I realized that I had managed to remain airborne, even though Nat-mo's magic had stopped supporting me. I turned my head and looked at my wings. They were flapping as though they'd known how to fly my whole life. 

"Oh my Celestia, I am!" I cried, flapping over to her. "I can't believe it!" 

 "So how does it feel?" She asked. "It feels...happy, and uplifting!" I smiled. 

 "That's what I'd read about when I had researched pegasus flight." Nat-mo explained. "Pegasai are able to fly when they feel happy, they can fly when they are sad too, but they are much less likely to do so. My original plan was to try to make you happy by doing fun things, but it seems I've managed to do that already." She teased. 

 "Well it's super nice of you to help me!" I thanked. 

 "No problem, it's what friends do." She smiled, causing me to smile in return.

 "So umm...what did you want to show me?" I asked, turning to the wall.