Starlight's Story: Crystal Eyes

After we left Nat-mo's house, I flew to the town square, and back into the woods. Because I had just started to fly, I couldn't go very quickly, and a Nat-mo could easily keep up.

"Where are we going?" Nat-mo asked.

"To my...house." I admitted. As I stopped in the prairie and landed, clopping over to the tree. Nat-mo didn't say anything as we rounded the tree, and my home came into view.

"This is where you live?" Nat-mo asked, her mood unreadable.

"Yeah...wanna come inside?" I asked, ascending the stairs. We walked in and I took off my saddle bag, putting the flower on the windowsill.

"So this is why you were helping Rose this morning." Nat-mo stated.

"Yeah." I replied. Sitting down on the floor as Nat-mo did the same.

"How did this happen?" She asked, concern in her eyes.

"My parents kept me in my room all the time, and I was never allowed out of the house." I explained. "I could see the ponies talking to each other and being in each others company, and I just wanted out. I wanted to see everything. So when I was five, I snuck out each night and started to build this thing. I finally escaped and came here just two days ago."

"Your parents...who are they?" She asked.

"As far as I'm concerned, I don't have any parents." I whispered. "They've made it obvious that I'm no longer their daughter."

"How would you know unless you talked to them?"

"I didn't need to, they made a public display of it." I said, suddenly angry at my parents. Why had they been so harsh to me? Then a dark purple -almost black- energy came in through the window and before I could even react, my vision was clouded, and all I could see was the dark purple all around me. I clopped forward. My hoof steps echoed in the chamber. It was dark, my pale grey coat seeming to glow. "N-Nat-mo?" I asked, my voice echoing over and over off of the...walls? It felt like an endless space.

"No company for you my dear." A female voice hissed, the purple fog coming into view, harsh crystal-blue eyes glaring into me. I took hoof steps backwards in fear.

"Starlight!" I heard Nat-mo's voice shout. "Starlight what's happening?!"

"Why the corruption of the Dream World Vessel of corse!" The being shouted, making the space shake as I caught a view through what could only be my eyes. "I've been keeping Starlight out of the way since the day she was born. But now she has managed to free herself from my influence, she has even learned to fly. Since then I've been watching, waiting for the hate that I've tried to ensue."

"Who are you?" Nat-mo asked, angry.

"I am the Queen of Corruption," the being cackled, "and now that I have gained the will of the Dream World vessel, the King of Fear and his shadows will take over Dream world and he and I will be free to conquer Equestria!"

"Nat-mo! Help I-" I tried, before vines made of the purple energy sprang from the darkness and wrapped around me, covering my mouth so that I couldn't speak.

"Starlight!" I heard Nat-mo cry.

"Silence!" The being growled, "She is mine now!"

"Sure." Nat-mo said, standing her ground as her horn began to glow brightly, magic sparks flying in all directions.

"You are a fool!" The voice cackled, launching a beam of the purple substance at her. I struggled to get free, but when I failed I closed my eyes not wanting to see my friend engulfed in the Queen's attack. "Wait...no!" The voice screeched. "You are the vessel of the Thought Plain?" At this my eyes snapped open, watching Nat-mo as the dark magic seemed to evaporate when it neared her.

"Perhaps I am." Nat-mo replied, as she launched her magic at me, the room starting to shake as it became flooded with turquoise light, making the being dissipate and the vines wither away. I was forced to close my eyes as the light became blinding and when I opened them again I was back in my home, sprawled out on the floor, Nat-mo's concerned eyes staring down at me.