Chapter 22

(A/N - Erin's pov)

It turns out that sometimes your dreams can be more brutal than reality.

I woke up to the sound of my own scream after having a dream about losing Blaise or Harry. I kept trying to push the dreams away but my mind was preoccupied with anxiety to control its inner thoughts.

Dobby came to me and made me some hot chocolate, a comfort drink, but what I really needed was a friend.
"Dobby? May I ask you a favour?"

He smiled at me kindly.

"Of course, Dobby would be happy to help his friend."
In that moment I could have broken down then and there, Dobby was such a kind soul and in that moment I was glad to have him here.

"Will you stay with me? I could really use the company of a friend."
He smiled and nodded and then sat down next to me. He began to tell me stories about the other house elves and then he got really excited and started jumping up and down and dancing because I let him have a cup of tea.

When he began to drink the drink it was like watching a small child trying candy for the first time.

The waiting became easier after that, because having a happy house elf as your friend really is the best thing in the world. Eventually Dobby left, not wanting to get in trouble, and so I decided that I wasn't going to sit here and cry about things that may or may not happen.

I wanted to keep crying but then I realised that I had no real reason to cry, at least not yet.

"For fucks sake Malfoy, just tell me where my girlfriend is?!"

I turned in shock, I recognised that voice.
There was no way.

"Draco? Is that you?"

I heard footsteps running and then keys fumbling around as the figure tried to hastily open the secret door.

I grabbed a hair band and threw my hair up, and then quickly hid myself behind the cupboard in the room. You could never be too careful.

"Erin? Where are you? You can trust me, it's safe, you don't have to hide."

I was hesitant but I knew draco wouldn't put me in danger so I slowly crept out from behind the cupboard only for my eyes to meet with ones so familiar to me, I didn't even need to look twice to know who it was.