prologue

Y/n and his brother luffy we're here at east blue waiting for Garp but luffy found a pirate ship and he climbed up and stab under his left eye so shank's can let him in but to no avail it didn't work.

Luffy: I wanted to be apart of your crew.

Y/n: Come On luffy just let it go.

Luffy: Never!

Shanks: Calm down kid.

Luffy: No I want to join you on your adventure!

Y/n: Luffy Grandpa might be looking for us.

Luffy: I told him I wanted to become a pirate!

Y/n: Yeah and remember how he chased you in the forest for not becoming a marine.

Luffy: I don't care cause I don't want to.

Y/n: It's useless to fight against you.

Just then a group of other pirates entered the bar and ask shanks something but instead of getting what he wanted he poured booze over shanks and left while shanks crew was laughing and luffy was angry.

Luffy: why did you let him do that?!

Shanks: It's okay luffy.

Luffy: No it's not!

Y/n: Luffy calm down.

Luffy: I will become a great pirate than you shanks!

Luffy was mad but he saw two chest and there we're fruit in them he gave one to y/n and they both dig in it was terrible but it would be a waste to not finished it shanks was joking on luffy for eating while being mad then he saw what he was eating.

Shanks: Luffy!Y/n! Did you guys eat the fruit in those boxes?!

Luffy: Y-Yeah but it was terrible.

Shanks: Spit it out you two every single bite of it!

Luffy's legs stretched and hit the floor while y/n hand dissolve into candy syrup.

Y/n: Ugh my head.

Luffy: what?

Shanks: Luffy! Y/n! You guys Just consumed the Gomu Gomu no mi and the Ame Ame no mi.

Y/n: I-Is it that bad?

Shanks: Those were devil fruits they alter your body and increased your power but the ones you ate turned you to rubber and candy syrup and you can no longer be able to swim ever again.

Luffy and Y/n: What?! are you serious!?

Shanks: You Idiots!!!

Y/n and luffy at the bar and was shocked at the revelation on them not able to swim anymore luffy was sad that shanks crew wasn't cool as he thought he they we're Y/n asked luffy can he be alone for a few moments and luffy told him it's okay but the group of Bandits came back and beat y/n and luffy but shanks and his crew came and tried to save them but the leader used a smoke bomb and run away with luffy shanks then chased after them but when they came back shanks lost an arm and luffy was crying on to him, the next day shanks and his crew were about to leave but shanks gave luffy his straw hat and made a promise to meet again someday.

A few days later

Garp was sitting there watching his grandchildren fight against the wild monkeys but they were beaten up by them.

Garp: Come on. you two won't be strong marines if you can't beat them.

Luffy: I don't want to be a marine! I want to be a pirate!

Garp: Why can't you be like your brother!

Y/n: Well I can't these guys are to fast for me.

Garp: This is perfect training for the both of you.

Y/n: This is not how you raise kids!

Garp: Well this is how I trained as a kid so you two better get used to it!

Y/n: Oh Come On!

Luffy: Your A Crazy Old Man!

Garp had enough and drag luffy and Y/n to the bandit house up the mountain and told dadan and told her to raise y/n and luffy for him, while luffy and Y/n meet a kid name Ace who was rude to them then months has passed luffy was chasing ace to the forest while y/n stayed at the bandit house to help them out then a couple of days later y/n saw how luffy and ace brought a new friend with them and decided to live with them they had so much fun together but y/n was different from their dreams they still treats him as a brother and so they're life of brothers continued to prosper.