Good Girls

»Ashlee«

"So just turn around and forget what you saw."

I sat in detention, staring at the clock on the wall. It was past three. My phone was vibrating in my pocket, I feel bad for not replying to Luke. He said he was going to pick me up after school, I didn't want to keep him waiting. Pulling out my phone to reply would keep me in longer - it was the thing that got me in here in the first place.

Michael leant back in his chair, his sneakers on the wooden desk in front of him. I envied the way he didn't care that he was being kept back. The walls around me were plain and boring to look at, as well as the sleeping teacher that sat at his large desk situated at the front of the room.

The whiteboard had some inappropriate doodles on them. It looked like something Calum would draw in his spare time. The clock ticked fifteen minutes... half an hour past the time I was supposed to meet Luke. He'd probably left and I'd have to walk. The detention bell rung I hastily grabbed my bag and ran out the door. Michael struggled to catch up to me, I could hear him panting just behind me.

I flung myself out the double doors and spotted Luke standing by his car. He leant up against the side of it casually. Michael grabbed my arm to stop me from going any further. "You need a ride?" He asked, pulling back. I walked towards Luke and pulled Michael along with me as he was still attached to my arm.

"Nope," I replied; making my way towards my target. "I've got one." Michael stopped halfway to the road and pulled back on my arm. I was stopped in my tracks and I turned towards Michael. His eyes were wide as he looked at the car parked on the street.

"Th-that's y-your ride?" he stuttered. It was cute, I mean I've never really seen Michael stutter before.

"Yeah, that's Luke. My roommate."

Michael was gawking at the boy. I raised an eyebrow, his mouth was wide open as his eyes were. "Uh, I j-just didn't ex- expect him to be so uh, good looking?" Michael closed his mouth and his face returned to a somewhat normal state.

"Well then, I'm gonna go then..." I hadn't felt this awkward around Michael since 2nd grade. He'd given me a daisy for valentines day and said that I was 'pwetty'. I'd cried and refused to talk to him for a day. I can't remember why I cried in the end, I was a strange child.

"I- I uh, want to s-see if he's alright." Michael kept stuttering, it was terrible. I'd never seen him like this before.

Well if that was the case then, I walked over to the car. Michael was biting the cuffs of his flannel as we stood in front of Luke. Luke smiled at me, flashing his white teeth momentarily. He kept that smile as he looked towards Michael. Luke held his long hand out to Michael. "Luke," he said introducing himself briefly.

Michael's shaky, pale hand appeared from his cuff. He reached out slowly, his hand was trembling so much. I wondered what made him so worried about Luke. Their hands touched, Luke had a strange look in his eyes as he shook Mikey's hand. Luke's thumb ran over the little anchor tattoo on Michael's thumb. His blue eyes flickered up to my best friend's face.

"Michael?" Luke's voice was low and confused. I stood by - watching the awkward interaction between the two boys.

Michael pulled his hand out of Luke's sharply. He turned to me, giving me a quick chaste kiss on my forehead. He ran off mumbling something about feeding his cat. Michael doesn't even have a cat. I watched as he ran down the street, he ran! Something must've happened because Michael Clifford doesn't run, he walks or rolls. Luke shrugged his shoulders as the wild boy disappeared around the corner of a building.

* * *

I let my bag fall off my shoulder and onto the carpet. Luke did the same, he was probably feeling the same wariness as me of a long day at school. He lay on the couch and pulled out his phone. His thumbs moved across the screen rapidly the blue on his screen stating he was on twitter. I sat down on the couch at the other end, he smiled and stretched his legs out. Since they were long they were rested on my lap. I played with his dark socks for a moment, his school uniform looked really good on him.

"Thanks for waiting for me today," I spoke, his blue eyes left his phone to look at me.

He smirked, "you got detention right?"

I nodded. Luke began to laugh, his melodious voice filled at air around us. "You didn't strike me as the type to get detention." He wiped at his face, tears of laughter coming out of his eyes.

I raised an eyebrow, challenging him. "Well, I was texting you."

His face dropped. "Oh, that's why you didn't reply." Luke's mood changed and he winked at me, his feet still crossed over my lap. "I thought you were a good girl."

I winked at him, flirting back playfully. "'Cause good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught." I bit my lip as he laughed. His laugh was so cute.

I pulled out my phone as the room went silent.

(Idiot Chat)

Ashlee: what are you guys up to?

Cal: i'm pickling

Ash: shut up calum

Michael: i'm feeding my cat

Ash: you don't have a cat

Ashlee: that's what i thought!

Michael: well... my invisible cat

Ashlee: you were making excuses to leave me

Cal: trouble in paradise?

Ash: that's my sister!

Cal: well them two gurlfrands will sort it out

Ash: huh?

Mikey: i'm sorry, I had to go

Ashlee: was it luke?

Ash: her roommate?

Mikey: yeah

Ash: is there something wrong with him, mike?

Mikey: no

Cal: lies

Mikey: shut up calum!

Cal: why am i always being abused by you guys?

Ashlee: i don't abuse you

Cal: in bed you do

Cal: ;)

Angry-Ash: CALUM!!!

Ashlee: you better start running

Cal: oh shit

Angry-Ash: i'm coming for you calum >:)

[x]