Wherever You Are

»Michael«

"For a while we pretended that we never had to end it."

When you wake up the morning after something significant has happened you usually have the second of bliss, not remembering a thing. I never got that bliss, because I never woke up. I was awake the whole night, tangled with Ashlee on the bed where Lana had been sitting. I kept thinking everything over and stressed about what was going to happen. I worried about Calum and what was going on with him as Ashlee had brought it up last night that she thinks something is wrong.

My worrying only increased when the hotel phone cut through the quiet room at nine in the morning. It was the managers and they wanted to set up a meeting with our band for later on that day. I couldn't help but think about everything, all the possible outcomes. I couldn't find any good outcomes that will come with the meeting between Lana and I.

Ashlee moved closer to me, fisting her hands softly in my teeshirt. I stroked her hair with my free hand as the other was under the pillow. She had re-dyed it that striking pink again last night. She said it might help to focus on something else. It worked, for at least an hour, I helped her dye her hair like she always helps with mine. However when that hour was over all my worries cascaded back in.

I brushed her hair back off of her face and watched her eyes flutter as she slept. I knew one thing for sure. I wasn't going to leave her, not even for Lana's sake. I couldn't even imagine it, here she was and she was all mine for once. I wasn't giving her up now that I had her. I still felt weird about Lana though, she came this far knowing I didn't love her, however she still wanted to fix things? How were we going to fix things? I really wished I did love her, it would be so much simpler for everyone.

Ashlee hummed slightly, moving and opening her eyes. She didn't look around, she just stared straight up at me with those hazel eyes of hers. She smiled and dug her head into the crook of my neck, placing delicate kisses to my skin. I heard Visser stirring from behind me, he was calling out for Luke. I placed my hand on the back of her neck and moved her head up to place a kiss to her precious lips. I just wanted her, and only her. We were moving slowly and calmly, as if my fatigue were making me fragile.

Visser started writhing around in the sheets, calling Luke's name with a little more uncertainty. I ignored it, Luke was probably in the bathroom anyway. I threaded my fingers through her hair as her fingers gripped my back. I rolled on top of her and began to place gentle kisses down her neck, to her collarbone. She started giggling while running her fingers over the hickey on my neck from yesterday. I rolled my eyes, and decided to give her another one, just underneath her jaw. That caused her giggling to stop and to be replaced by quiet moans.

"Shh babe," I whispered in between nipping and sucking her neck. Her hand traveled down my body and underneath my waistband, palming me over my boxers. It was my turn to let out a moan as I began to harden. "Lee, I need you." She hummed and began kiss my lips once more, the sweet taste of her on the tip of my tongue.

Luke wasn't in the bathroom, instead he burst through the door of the hotel room. He was panting loudly as he'd been running. "Guys, they're having the meeting now, they want all of you there." Luke made eye contact with me and saw the position I was in. He snorted and threw me a hoodie from my opened bag. It was at least three sizes too big and came to the top of my knees. "They want you there, now. That includes Ashlee too." He walks over to Vis and places a kiss to his forehead. "You too babe."

I pull the hoodie over my shirt and pull on some jeans. Ashlee just sighed and put her hair up into a bun before walking out the door with Luke and Vis, still in her pj's. That's my girl...wait, she was wearing my boxers! I chased after them with an extra hoodie for Ashlee. I caught up to them outside the conference room doors and pulled the hoodie over her head. Thank goodness it covered her thighs. I caught her smirking at me before we enter the meeting. The others were there already, looking fresh and dressed appropriately, then enter Vis, Ashlee and I; looking like we just rolled out of bed. Probably because we just did. I was glad to see Vis still in his pyjamas as we would all stick out together.